Things to remember about drinking alcohol:
- alcohol affects you more quickly if you are smaller, weigh less or if you haven't eaten
- if you're depressed, drinking can make you feel worse
- drinking too much can affect your ability to make decisions, make it harder to control your body and can put you in danger
- drinking too much alcohol on a regular basis can cause cancer, heart problems, stroke, liver disease and other health problems
- there are ways to say no assertively if you don't want to drink
- if you want to talk about your drinking, Childline is here to help.