WHO ARE THE CHILDLINE COUNSELLORS?
Our counsellors are trained staff and volunteers. All sorts of people become Childline counsellors. They could be 16 or 60. They could be gay or straight – or anywhere in between. They come from lots of different backgrounds and places.
What they all have in common is they want to help young people.
They're real people who want to support you with any issue you’re facing. They're trained but they don't follow a script. If you want to, you can ask them their name.
A Childline counsellor:
- will listen to you
- knows it takes courage to contact us
- is genuine, open and friendly
- knows about the problems young people can face
- won't judge you or put you down
- isn’t easily shocked
- will let you take your time.