Free to dream
Wayne Rooney is a professional footballer who started playing in the Premier League when he was 16. Since then he has become a legend for Manchester United and England, scoring more than 200 goals over the years.
He's here to tell you about his experiences, so that you can learn from what he's been through.
Wayne Rooney's top 5 moments:
- becoming the youngest player to score in the Premier League when he was 16
- scoring a hat-trick in the Champions League in his first ever game for Manchester United
- playing his first game for England in 2003 - he's now played over 100 games for his country!
- becoming the top ever scorer for England, scoring more than 50 goals over the years
- scoring an epic bicycle kick goal against his rivals Manchester City
When he was growing up, Wayne was able to follow his dreams of becoming a professional footballer because of the support of his family. And he believes that every young person should be happy, safe and free to dream.
But if there's ever anything stopping you from dreaming or making time for your hobbies, talk to a Childline counsellor.
What Wayne's watching
Sports for young people with a disability
Talking to Childline
We have lots of different videos on our YouTube channel. Get involved in the discussion and let us know what you'd like us to make a video about.