Learn how to make a paper swan
Origami is a type of art where you fold paper in to different shapes. There are lots of things you can make using origami, but making a swan is an easy one to start with.
You’ll need a square piece of paper. To make an origami swan:
- Fold the paper in half to make a triangle, then unfold it so you’ve got two halves
- Fold each lower edge of the square into the fold in the middle so that it looks like a kite. Turn the paper over
- Fold each flap into the middle. It should still look like a kite, but thinner
- Fold the thin point of the kite up to the top, and then fold that down so that the tip is touching the bottom of the paper again – this is the neck and head of your swan
- Turn the paper over again and fold in in half
- Pull the swan’s ‘neck’ out, and you’ll have an origami swan!