Do I play games too much?
Lots of games are designed to keep you playing. Things like achievements, ranks and even match lengths can all make you feel like you want to play for just a little bit longer, they might make you feel like you’re addicted to the game or can’t stop. If you’re immersed in a game, it’s easy to spend hours playing without even realising.
Signs that playing games might be affecting your life
- It stops you from doing other things you enjoy, like spending time with friends or family
- You struggle to stop playing or thinking about games, even when you know you should
- Games stop you doing things like your homework or sleeping
- Playing games is the only way you can cope or feel better
- Spending too much money on games
Even when you’re worried about playing games too much, you might not know what you can do.