Calling Childline Night Service

1. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Dec 07 2018 18.14

Hi fp3t0p-jazz,

We know that 2 hours is a very long time to wait and it can be a very hard thing to do when you maybe just want someone there to know how you're feeling or to have their help.

During the night can be really busy and while we know it doesn't work for everyone, calling can be a quicker way of getting through, if you wanted to try and see what that was like for you.

We pass on all feedback left here on the boards as it's always really important to know from you what this wait is like.

Take care,

Jas-Host

2. Childline Avatar
    Temporary77157313 / Dec 08 2018 21.43

I've been waiting for so long for a councellor but nothings happening and I don't know much longer I can wait around

3. Childline Avatar
    Temporary54846615 / Dec 09 2018 0.55

It's 00:55 in the mornig I have been waiting an hour and a half and I am absolutely nachered pls someone answer me

4. Childline Avatar
    Jas-Host / Aug 31 2018 14.49

Hi everyone,

Some of you might know that, during the night, Childline works a bit differently – it’s what’s called the night service and it runs from midnight to 7:30am.

We know that lots of you talk to us about how you find calling Childline during the night and we’re looking for your help with a new night service project!

This night service project is looking to improve your experiences when you call from midnight and, as always, it’s really important that we hear all your views.

So, whether you regularly use the night service or it’s your first time, we’d love to hear all your feedback from calling from midnight over the next 12 weeks.  It’s about making things better for you all!

And if you have any questions, you can ask here too!

Thanks, everyone!

Take care,

Jas-Host

Fjjfhjh / Dec 09 2018 1.16

most people need help more at night ive been waiting forever and i need help now

5. Childline Avatar
    Jas-Host / Aug 31 2018 14.49

Hi everyone,

Some of you might know that, during the night, Childline works a bit differently – it’s what’s called the night service and it runs from midnight to 7:30am.

We know that lots of you talk to us about how you find calling Childline during the night and we’re looking for your help with a new night service project!

This night service project is looking to improve your experiences when you call from midnight and, as always, it’s really important that we hear all your views.

So, whether you regularly use the night service or it’s your first time, we’d love to hear all your feedback from calling from midnight over the next 12 weeks.  It’s about making things better for you all!

And if you have any questions, you can ask here too!

Thanks, everyone!

Take care,

Jas-Host

Temporary00562155 / Dec 11 2018 2.06

Hi Mabey you could prioritise peoole by what mood they put so if they put deppresed they are the most in danger so get to them 1st ect

6. Childline Avatar
    Temporary24792568 / Dec 11 2018 3.34

i cant wait to talk just makes me feel unwanted

7. Reaching out
    Temporary77157313 / Dec 08 2018 21.43

I've been waiting for so long for a councellor but nothings happening and I don't know much longer I can wait around

Jas-Host / Dec 13 2018 11.38

Hi there,

When you had to wait, was this on a chat? We know that it can take a long time and waiting can be a really hard thing to do. We wondered if you'd been able to try calling and if that had worked differently for you?

Your experiences of waiting are really important to hear and we pass all on to the counselling team.

Take care,

Jas-Host

8. Reaching out
    Temporary54846615 / Dec 09 2018 0.55

It's 00:55 in the mornig I have been waiting an hour and a half and I am absolutely nachered pls someone answer me

Jas-Host / Dec 13 2018 11.39

Hi there,

Waiting isn't an easy thing to do - it can be frustrating, make you feel upset and during the night, you can be really tired at the same time.

We wondered if you'd managed to talk to a counsellor and have them listen to you?

Take care,

Jas-Host

9. Reaching out
    Fjjfhjh / Dec 09 2018 1.16

most people need help more at night ive been waiting forever and i need help now

Jas-Host / Dec 13 2018 11.42

Hi Fjjfhjh,

We know that later and during the night can be a time when you really need help and that can be for lots of different reasons. We know that the counsellors really do want to be there to help as many as they can but there's just not as many of them able to volunteer overnight. The night service project that ran was looking at a slightly different way of working and to see all your views, so thank you for posting.

It's really hard to have to wait at a time when you just want help and we will pass this on to show that can be like.

Take care,

Jas-Host

10. Reaching out
    Temporary00562155 / Dec 11 2018 2.06

Hi Mabey you could prioritise peoole by what mood they put so if they put deppresed they are the most in danger so get to them 1st ect

Jas-Host / Dec 13 2018 11.43

Hi there,

We always love to hear ideas and what you think could maybe help at a time like this, so thank you!

We'll pass this on for you!

Take care,

Jas-Host

Locked Sorry, you may no longer participate in this thread.

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything