Questions about talking to Childline

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Dizzyp / Sep 05 2019 18.32

hi childline i am daisy and i am lonely and fell scared, and deppresed and i have called but i am scared to do what we talked about. can i trust u with my seacret? daisy xxx and pls dont judge public

evilqueen / Oct 23 2019 11.29

yes. i'm going though the same thing. i'm like the evil queen out of snow white. my father made me something i didn't want to be.

2. Childline Avatar
    Temporary76688228 / Sep 16 2019 0.10

thats why i havent spoken to someone about it before

waffleunicorn001 / Oct 25 2019 19.27

you guys need to stop being like this

of course someone will listen you just need to let it out okay? so good luck guys

3. Mute
    Jas-Host / Aug 13 2019 13.31

Hi everyone,

We know that lots of you have questions about talking to Childline from how it works and who speaks first to what you can do while waiting for a chat.  And not knowing the answers can make you feel nervous about talking.

We’re going to be asking a Childline counsellor to answer some of the most common questions and we want your help!

What questions do you want us to ask about contacting Childline?  What would you like to know to make it easier to call or come on?

We’ll pass your questions on to the counselling team and then we’ll make a whole new page about talking to a Childline counsellor!

Keep them coming!

Jas-Host

Blueblackvil / Oct 27 2019 14.26

How do i post my own things on message boards?

4. Top dog
    LabradorAlsatian / Dec 25 2019 16.23

I have an idea. When you enter the chat queue, you could be given a short questionnaire to fill out, which asks you what you need help with (bullying, self harm, abuse, friendship problems etc.) It then asks you a few questions like 'have you contemplated/made plans to end your life' and 'is anyone hurting you or making you hurt people'. Once you have filled it out, it either puts you in queue 1, which is the normal queue, or queue 2, which is a shorter, faster queue for children and young people in more serious danger. Queue 2 could have more counsellors and therefore shorter wait times. This way, young people in urgent crisis could get help more quickly, and there would be fewer people in the normal queue. Regardless of which queue you are in, at the beginning of the chat the counsellor could look over your questionnaire responses and start from there.

5. Outcast
    AnxiousButNotGivingUp / Dec 29 2019 17.41

1) Would calling show up on a bill (not cost but just what numbers have been phoned.)

2) How can I get the courage to think that I am not a burden when coming on to chat?

3) How can I get the courage to call Childline? Sometimes I feel like calling would be a bit easier.

6. Outcast
    LabradorAlsatian / Dec 25 2019 16.23

I have an idea. When you enter the chat queue, you could be given a short questionnaire to fill out, which asks you what you need help with (bullying, self harm, abuse, friendship problems etc.) It then asks you a few questions like 'have you contemplated/made plans to end your life' and 'is anyone hurting you or making you hurt people'. Once you have filled it out, it either puts you in queue 1, which is the normal queue, or queue 2, which is a shorter, faster queue for children and young people in more serious danger. Queue 2 could have more counsellors and therefore shorter wait times. This way, young people in urgent crisis could get help more quickly, and there would be fewer people in the normal queue. Regardless of which queue you are in, at the beginning of the chat the counsellor could look over your questionnaire responses and start from there.

AnxiousButNotGivingUp / Dec 29 2019 17.44

I love your idea. Sometimes I find it really difficult to be waiting sometimes up to about 25 minutes for a chat especially when I am feeling really anxious and upset. Some young people might be too scared to answer certain questions though.

7. Sheep
    Cazgiraffe / Aug 31 2019 17.33

How many people do you talk to that feel upset from time to time but doesnt have a major issue like self harming?

Sometimes I feel upset about things e.g. feeling guilty about overeating or having dificult life decisions and I want to know if councellors think 'your being silly get over it i have more important people waiting'

Also is there like a high priority system?

AsUniqueAsUknow / Feb 08 2020 21.49

There isn't a high priority system I don't think, I think it's just based on who is first in the queue

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything