Tell us what makes you trust Childline and what you need from us too!

1. Spiralling
    Jas-Host / Mar 29 2021 12.50

Hi everyone,

It's always really important that we hear what you think to make real change possible for all young people and to keep being there for you all in the right way.

We’d love to hear from as many of you as possible and would love to know what you think of Childline.

- What would you like Childline to be doing for all children and young people in the UK over the next few years?

- And what makes you trust us?

Please share with us anything you’d like us to know.  And ask any questions too!

Take care,

Jas-Host

-Alex-13- / Jul 10 2021 18.09

i trust childline bc it's confidential and bc the message boards are monitored, so no-one can bully people on here.

i think it would be good if childline did more assemblies at primary and secondary schools (once restrictions are lifted) because i only ever had one assembly at primary and none at secondary. i think a lot of people in my area don't know that childline has a website, they think it's only phonecalls.

2. Comic
    Laughinglea1 / Jul 24 2021 23.41

I trust childline because I know that whatever I tell them it will be confidential unless they think I'm in danger or anyone else is in danger then they will have to tell someone but I know its for my safety as they also make this very clear. I also know childline actually care about my problems because they take the time to talk to me and always reply to my emails.

I would want childline to put different games on their website because the ones on it right now are pretty boring. Also I think that childline should put some calming music and sensory videos on their website, in the calm zone. I would also like online chats for specific things where we can chat with other young people having the same problems as us and share our worries not like message boards I want a chat where we can talk live. But with the chat thing, if someones being mean and disrespectful there should be a report button on the persons account so a person on the chat will be able to report them so that a childline counsellor can have a chat with them.

Childlines website is great and is full of so many things to do and it just needs a few new additions to make it even better than it is right now.

3. Mouse
    somewhatconfusing6 / Aug 08 2021 22.17

Having somewhere to turn to without it being awkward or face-to-face

4. Mouse

Hi everyone,

It's always really important that we hear what you think to make real change possible for all young people and to keep being there for you all in the right way.

We’d love to hear from as many of you as possible and would love to know what you think of Childline.

- What would you like Childline to be doing for all children and young people in the UK over the next few years?

Please share with us anything you’d like us to know.  And ask any questions too!

Take care,

Jas-Host

somewhatconfusing6 / Aug 08 2021 22.18

Can we have a website for adults

perhaps Adults place

5. Headphones
    PokeTrainerTiger / Aug 09 2021 3.03

I trust Childline because its anonymous and when it seems like there is no one to talk to, there is always someone on Childline who will support you, whether it be another user or a counselor. And I know they actually care because they read emails we send and they take their time to reply. It is also very clear that it is confidential and they will only break that promise if you or someone else is in danger based on what you tell them. I also like how many things there are on the website. For example, there is the message boards and the 1-2-1 counselor chat.

I think Childline can improve by having more assemblies in schools so if anyone wants to talk they can use Childline. There should also be more games like fidget games, since the ones they have are getting a little old, or calming music in the background that you can turn off if you choose to do so.

Also, you should add something like a report button in the message boards- although the messages are checked to make sure nothing offensive goes on, sometimes someone is being disrespectful to another's opinions.

6. Outcast
    TiredRunningBee7697 / Aug 10 2021 13.14

hii! I trust childline because anything I say if confidential and wont get told off or something, although when i'm changing my nickname, it gets SLIGHTLY frustrating when they don't approve it :( anyway, I mainly trust it because it won't call my parents or anything :)

7. Small

Hi everyone,

Take care,

Jas-Host

Fluidladybird / Aug 10 2021 21.44

Hiya! This is an honest response from a twelve year old (I’m gender fluid, I don’t really want to say my preferred gender at the moment since it changes). ChildLine, in my opinion, is a trustworthy website. The help people have received is top-notch, and it has no proof or evidence of breaking somebody’s privacy. Brilliant website!

8. Childline Avatar
    BouncyDrawingTurtle4258 / Aug 13 2021 14.38

I trust childline because I get the feeling that they really care about me and other young people, and that they are looking out for us.

9. Sweets

Hi everyone,

Take care,

Jas-Host

CautiousThinkingEagle6415 / Aug 18 2021 16.26

Can i please delete s thread?

10. Loser

Hi everyone,

Take care,

Jas-Host

MorganTheOGWigglesFan / Aug 19 2021 19.22

I don't trust Childline, that's the thing 😂

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything