1. Childline Avatar
    QueenRandom / Nov 21 2014 1.10

hi 

so basically I'm sure the emails are great for loads of people but I have found that they seem to just refere me on to explore pages which I have always read through before emailing - maybe this was just me or I wasn't specific enough in what I wrote but I was wondering if the same had happened to other people? 

Sorry to put up a negative comment in such a sea I positive, it's probably my fault (as you can see I tend to ramble on a lot) opps... :)) 

anyways yeah...

Let the chickens be with you! 

2. Sheep
    TimeTravel57 / Nov 22 2014 18.21

Hey! I just wanted to say that every email that I have sent to Childline has been replied to within the 24 hours that they promise! Also, all my replies: have been kind and polite, are understandable and read well, show that the counsellor has read the entire email and considered it, contain help and guidance, contain questions that make me feel that they care about me and that help me send reply emails, and are thorough and compassionate.

I am very satisfied with all the replies I have had and I love Childline for the great work they do. They have helped me so much. I have had an entirely postive experience with every aspect of Childline and getting in touch.

Thank you everyone at Childline, especially the counsellors, and a big warm shout out to Claire, Susan, Jill, Lynn, Sandy, Kelly, David, Polly, and Annie who are counsellors that have sent me lovely emails. Thank you!!! xxx

3. Childline Avatar
    J25Milkshake / Nov 22 2014 20.35
    alphabet13 / 17 november 2014 at 20:34

Me again (sorry, emails are just so good at the moment!) 

Is it possible to say thanks to a counsellor called Mary please? I got an email through from her at 15:55 today (17th) and just so nice. She seemed to really understand and I really liked her paragraph about the wall (long story), I love metaphors :) 

Fleur 

I've also talked to Mary, she's really nice

4. Childline Avatar
    J25Milkshake / Nov 25 2014 16.03

I have noticed that when I ask a question, I just get directed to another page / just being answered with 'ok'

this is meaning I am not getting the right support and I feel like I am talking to robots. Maybe the counsellors could try to talk in an understandable but friendlier way? They could also be able to give advice there, instead of me reading another page, often one that I have already read. Thank you :)

5. Reaching out
    Max-Host / Dec 02 2014 16.44
    queenrandom / 21 november 2014 at 01:10

hi 

so basically I'm sure the emails are great for loads of people but I have found that they seem to just refere me on to explore pages which I have always read through before emailing - maybe this was just me or I wasn't specific enough in what I wrote but I was wondering if the same had happened to other people? 

Sorry to put up a negative comment in such a sea I positive, it's probably my fault (as you can see I tend to ramble on a lot) opps... :)) 

anyways yeah...

Let the chickens be with you! 

Hi QueenRandom, 

It is perfectly OK to post some critical feedback on here about emails as well as positive feedback too, it is what helps improve the service.

It is really good that you use the site so well and always look at the Explore pages, I suppose maybe not everyone does the same and the counsellors want to be sure that there isn't anything you haven't seen yet that might be useful. 

It could help to be really direct and mention in your email next time that you have read all the Explore content about and mention the gaps or the questions you have found after reading the Explore page. 

Hope that helps, 

Max-the chickens are here-Host

6. Reaching out
    Max-Host / Dec 02 2014 16.50
    j25milkshake / 25 november 2014 at 16:03

I have noticed that when I ask a question, I just get directed to another page / just being answered with 'ok'

this is meaning I am not getting the right support and I feel like I am talking to robots. Maybe the counsellors could try to talk in an understandable but friendlier way? They could also be able to give advice there, instead of me reading another page, often one that I have already read. Thank you :)

Hi J25Milkshake, 

Thanks for your feedback on emails, we do take what you say really seriously and we are always trying to make changes to improve emails. 

We do have a lot of people telling us that replies to emails can sound robotic and we really wanted to make some positive changes. 

So we did some training with the counselling team and introduced some new things to emails which are supposed to help. But we also have to think that each counsellor has a different style even though they are all trained the same, so it might be a little different from one email tot he next, but as little as possible. 

I thought it might help you to read about some of the positive changes we have made and what some other people on the boards have been saying about emails too.

Hope this helps, 

Max-Host

7. Childline Avatar
    Sophieeitherxxxooxxx / Jan 09 2015 3.00

I think emails are a good facility. However it takes quite long for the counsellors to answer back. Since there are counsellors around for one to one chat all the time, the same should apply to emails!

8. Childline Avatar
    jaidenrx / Jan 13 2015 16.39
    max / host

Hi J25Milkshake, 

Thanks for your feedback on emails, we do take what you say really seriously and we are always trying to make changes to improve emails. 

We do have a lot of people telling us that replies to emails can sound robotic and we really wanted to make some positive changes. 

So we did some training with the counselling team and introduced some new things to emails which are supposed to help. But we also have to think that each counsellor has a different style even though they are all trained the same, so it might be a little different from one email tot he next, but as little as possible. 

I thought it might help you to read about some of the positive changes we have made and what some other people on the boards have been saying about emails too.

Hope this helps, 

Max-Host

Max:

If you see this could you possibly pass on a message to thank Lorraine, she sent me an email today (13/01/15) at 14:05. She is the first person i've ever felt able to open up to properly on CL (although I will probably never get to speak to her again). And she actually seemed like she cared. 

Thanks

Jaiden

9. Reaching out
    Childline-Host / Jan 13 2015 20.03
    jaidenrx / today at 16:39

Max:

If you see this could you possibly pass on a message to thank Lorraine, she sent me an email today (13/01/15) at 14:05. She is the first person i've ever felt able to open up to properly on CL (although I will probably never get to speak to her again). And she actually seemed like she cared. 

Thanks

Jaiden

Hi Jaiden

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback and I'm really glad you felt supported.

I will pass your message on.

Best wishes, Lee Host

10. Childline Avatar
    xochloexo / Jan 13 2015 22.30

hi,

the emailing service is fantastic,it is also VERY helpful and whenever i get a reply the counsellor is so nice and understanding.

well, i have been emailing childline since around the 28th november 2014 most days and evry time i send an email i find that i can be so honest and open knowing that they understand u whatever the situation.

all of the counsellors i have spoken to are really helpful, they listen to me and dont critasize anything.

max or one of the other host please can u tell ALL counsellors that they are amazing and i thank them so so much, i am very grateful for all the advice and support they have given me.

these counsellors are like friends, u can talk to a friend about anything and thats what a counsellor is there for. we can talk to them about anything any day at any time. they are so special and deserve and award ALL of u do.

thank u (in advance)

-chloe

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything