Post feedback on your 1-2-1 chats here!

1. Childline Avatar
    AlexaIsHereForYouAll / Jul 15 2014 22.10
    phoenix / feather

Hey.

I just had a bizarre chat in which i left because the convo kept jumping and the questions he asked were really weirdly worded and then he asked how does crying make me feel!!! I then left at that point.

Convo rating 3/10

xxxxxxxxxx

Anna

:-)

Hey

That sounds bizarre yes.&if you found the chat weird or anything then you can send them an email to let them know,if you wanted to.

Aw keep tryin though as they wont always be like that

Xx

2. Childline Avatar
    AlexaIsHereForYouAll / Jul 15 2014 22.12
    dizzygirlx / today at 07:54

Hello,

I think this is a really good idea for a thread, so well done and thank you for thinking about it!

Although I haven't been on a 1-2-1 chat in a while, my 1-2-1 chats are generally really supportive and help me a lot. The counsellors always understand and talk to you in a calm way. 

The only bad thing (if any) about the 1-2-1 chats is that occasionally, a counsellor can seem to 'rush' you. I can understand why, because other people need to talk to them, but it's a bit unsettling. However, this has only happened once or twice to me!

I love 1-2-1 chats and I think they're a really good way of getting support.

Stay strong
    Dizzy xxx

Heya

Im glad that you find the 121 chats a good way of getting support.

Theyre amazing and often do support people,sometimes without them realisig it.

How are you?

Xx

3. Reaching out
    Max-Host / Jul 16 2014 12.39
    purelove / 14 july 2014 at 19:55

I love using the 1-2-1 chat, however, sometimes I do feel like the councellors do rush you a bit and kind of hint for you to hurry up, maybe that's just me I just sometimes feel like I can't tell them everything in case I'm wasting their time.

I really liked my chat with Rebecca/Becca (I can't remember which it was) since she was really kind and supportive and gave me great suggestions. (':

Great thread, by the way.

~ Delilah x

Hi Delilah, 

If you can let me know the date and the rough time of the chat, I can let the counsellor know that they were really supportive and gave you great suggestions.

Max-Host

4. Reaching out
    Max-Host / Jul 16 2014 12.43
    jessica / coolcat

My 121 chat was good but it was a bit short..  

Hi Jessica, 

A lot of people tell us that they would like to talk for longer but it is important that they are kept to under 40 minutes. This can be a good thing sometimes as if you know you have a time limit it can help you to think about what you want to say and cover everything.

It also means that the counsellors can try and help more children who need ChildLine's help. 

Hope the next one is better for you

Max-Host

5. Reaching out
    Max-Host / Jul 16 2014 12.46
    multicolouredhedgehog / 14 july 2014 at 20:46

Almost all of my 1-2-1 chats have been good, which is making me a bit nervous because I'm just waiting for my first properly 'bad' one.

I really liked my chat with...I can't quite remember her name, I think it was something along the lines of Elaine? I'm pretty sure it started with an E, but anyway, she was really nice, so if somebody could pass that on I'd be really grateful. ^^''

Hi multicolouredhedgehog, 

It is really good to know you have had so many good chats. Because you know what a good chat is like, it might help in the future if you need to ask a counsellor to take a different approach with you, or if there is something that you really want to talk about, you should feel confident to say so!

Hope this continues on,

Max-Host

6. Childline Avatar
    Dizzygirlx / Jul 17 2014 16.31
    xxdepressedteenagegirl97xx / 15 july 2014 at 22:12

Heya

Im glad that you find the 121 chats a good way of getting support.

Theyre amazing and often do support people,sometimes without them realisig it.

How are you?

Xx

Hiya

I really do agree with you! 1-2-1 chats are great and have helped me a lot.

I'm not too bad thanks! How are you?

~Stay Strong~

Dizzy xxx

7. Childline Avatar
    AlexaIsHereForYouAll / Jul 30 2014 21.40

Hey Max.Sorry to ask for your help/assistance again.I have just had a 121 chat with a very supportive and friendly counsellor but the only thing is,I do not know their name or the base they work at.I think I came on the chat sometime between 9:10 and 9:20.It was a short chat(only 10-15 minutes or so)but it was a really helpful one.Are you able to find out who this counsellor was and pass this message on to them for me please?xx

8. Reaching out
    Childline-Host / Aug 01 2014 18.45
    xxdepressedteenagegirl97xx / 30 july 2014 at 21:40

Hey Max.Sorry to ask for your help/assistance again.I have just had a 121 chat with a very supportive and friendly counsellor but the only thing is,I do not know their name or the base they work at.I think I came on the chat sometime between 9:10 and 9:20.It was a short chat(only 10-15 minutes or so)but it was a really helpful one.Are you able to find out who this counsellor was and pass this message on to them for me please?xx

Hi there,

It’s Lou-Host here and I’m so pleased to see you had a good chat.  It’s actually really good when you guys give feedback on here because it means others can read your good experiences too and hopefully that will help others to feel like they can contact ChildLine too.  I know the counsellors really do love hearing from you all too.  I’ll definitely pass on your feedback.

Take care,

Lou-Host

9. Childline Avatar
    AlexaIsHereForYouAll / Aug 01 2014 18.48
    childline / host

Hi there,

It’s Lou-Host here and I’m so pleased to see you had a good chat.  It’s actually really good when you guys give feedback on here because it means others can read your good experiences too and hopefully that will help others to feel like they can contact ChildLine too.  I know the counsellors really do love hearing from you all too.  I’ll definitely pass on your feedback.

Take care,

Lou-Host

Heya.

Thank you for passing this on and yeah it definitely is!

Just wish there was more i could do to thank childline as a whole :f

Take care

Alea/Little Miss xx

10. Childline Avatar
    cherry30 / Aug 01 2014 20.31

I had a good chat yesterday, the counsellor was really nice and I really like it when they say their name and ask what my name is because it just makes the chat more personal and it's easier to get things out! :)

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything