Here to help any trans guys, gals and non binary pals (and anyone else who needs advice)

This content might introduce themes and ideas that may be confusing or shocking if you have not experienced them before.   

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Gender Identity

1. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Jul 25 2020 11.57

Hi Sam. The only thing I can really say for face it to get a haircut. There’s not really much you can do about it unfortunately. Hwoever, chest is an easier thing to deal with. You could get a binder. A binder is a tight top that compresses your chest to make it flatter. If you do get one, make sure it is from an official company like GC2B as ones off of Amazon and other things like that can be dangerous. Always get your correct size it can make it dangerous if you don’t. If you get bruising, are struggling to catch your breath or anything like that then take off the binder and don’t wer it for a couple of days, If these things don’t get better then you might have to see a doctor. There is also binding tape. This should not be confused with ordinary tape. Binding tape is specifically for trans people and will not cause damage to your skin. DO NOT BIND WITH NORMAL TAPE! You’d need to do more research into this though as I don’t know which companies to get it from and stuff. If you can’t get any of these, you can layer 2 sports bras on top of each other. It’s relatively effective and is what I do. Do not bind for more than 8 hours and do not excersise in your binder as that is also dangerous.

I hope this helps you Sam!

-Noah

2. Dreamer
    KittyCouture / Jul 26 2020 6.48

Hi Noah

I find it so kind that you are doing this.Could you tell me if you need surgery, and if you think that would have/has helped the way you see yourself

Thx🥰

3. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Jul 26 2020 11.58

Hello KittyCouture! Personally I do need top surgery. I do not get that dysphoric about my bottom part. It would definetly help me as my chest makes me very uncomfortable in myself. I cannot get it yet as I am not 18.

A quick note for other people reading this: You do not have to medically transition to be trans. Some people don’t want to get surgery and that’s okay!

Anyway, I hope that answers you question.

Noah

4. Chatterbox
    Remy-ice-cream / Jul 26 2020 21.23

Hi Noah,

I think it's really great you started this thank you. You don't have to answer this if you're not comfortable doing so but how did you convince other people you knew you were trans? I'm non binary and although I feel much more comfortable feeling that way and am sure that I am but my mum amd stepdad are skeptical and keep saying that's it's just a phase and I just meed to grow into my body and will be comfortable as a woman later.

Thank you in advanced,

Silver.

5. Scientist
    Karasu42 / Jul 26 2020 22.22

Hi Noah,

I started binding quite recently but I think I have broken in my binder now as it is much easier to get on. I‘m just looking for some advice on what effects are normal for binding and what is dangerous. I only every bind for a few hours and I don‘t find it that uncomfortable, sometimes my ribs ache a bit afterwards but if it hurts at all when I’m binding I take it off. After I take it off however my chest area is slightly unsesitive. I can’t feel as deeply into the tissue if that makes sense (sorry if my mentioning of that area makes anyone here uncomfortable). The sensation comes back relatively quickly but I was just wondering if that’s normal when binding.

6. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Jul 26 2020 22.26

Honestly Silver I haven’t managed to convince anybody except my friends. I tried to explain to my parents and Uncle but they all shrugged it off and said that it’s just a phase and I’ll accept myself later. I know that that isn’t true. I know it’s hard and I’m sorry you’re going through the same thing. I told my counciller about it and she suggested that I take little steps and gradually work up to them calling me Noah. When things get to a sort of normal I’m going to start getting male clothes rather than female clothes and little things like that. You’re nb so I know it’s not quite as easy as that but maybe start presenting how you want and ask your friends to refer to you as your pronouns and stuff so your parents can see how much happier you are when you can be yourself.

Sorry if this isn’t very helpful. I hope it gets better for you soon!

Noah

7. Wallflower
    Karasu42 / Jul 26 2020 22.22

Hi Noah,

I started binding quite recently but I think I have broken in my binder now as it is much easier to get on. I‘m just looking for some advice on what effects are normal for binding and what is dangerous. I only every bind for a few hours and I don‘t find it that uncomfortable, sometimes my ribs ache a bit afterwards but if it hurts at all when I’m binding I take it off. After I take it off however my chest area is slightly unsesitive. I can’t feel as deeply into the tissue if that makes sense (sorry if my mentioning of that area makes anyone here uncomfortable). The sensation comes back relatively quickly but I was just wondering if that’s normal when binding.

AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Jul 26 2020 22.47

Binders do tend to loosen up a bit so it’s probably fine. I know that rib ache is common and as long as it doesn’t cause pain especially for long periods of time then you should be fine. I‘m not entirely sure about the other thing tbh. It makes sense due to there probably being a slightly restricted blood flow. Maybe look it up. Keep an eye on it and if it gets worse then maybe it’s something bad. Honestly I’ve never used an actual binder (I layer sports bras) so I’m not an expert but Ihope this has helped.

Best wishes,

Noah

8. Chatterbox
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Jul 26 2020 22.26

Honestly Silver I haven’t managed to convince anybody except my friends. I tried to explain to my parents and Uncle but they all shrugged it off and said that it’s just a phase and I’ll accept myself later. I know that that isn’t true. I know it’s hard and I’m sorry you’re going through the same thing. I told my counciller about it and she suggested that I take little steps and gradually work up to them calling me Noah. When things get to a sort of normal I’m going to start getting male clothes rather than female clothes and little things like that. You’re nb so I know it’s not quite as easy as that but maybe start presenting how you want and ask your friends to refer to you as your pronouns and stuff so your parents can see how much happier you are when you can be yourself.

Sorry if this isn’t very helpful. I hope it gets better for you soon!

Noah

Remy-ice-cream / Jul 26 2020 23.45

That does help a lot, thank you I'll just have to be patient with them and do everything I cam at the minuteto present how I feel.

I hope your situation at home improves as well.

Thank you Noah,

Silver.

9. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Jul 27 2020 12.09

Thank you and no problem Silver. Happy to help.

-Noah

10. Spiralling
    Rui123 / Jul 27 2020 18.20

Hi Noah, i want to tell my friends and family i'm a boy but i dont think they will accept me. Do you have any advice on how to come out to someone?

Thanks,

- Rui

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything