I know you are all going to disagree with me...

1. Football
    Lockstar / Oct 11 2019 22.53

I hope you realise that these posters are not necessarily entirely factual. They are just trying to get people to actually do something about climate change and make a difference, because telling someone calmly and gently is not the way to express urgency. We've had the time to do that, and it didn't get through to people.

People need to understand that crises like Brexit and climate change aren't going to be solved by being idle. People go about, acting as if life is just business as usual, but (to an extent), life is not business as usual, because there are threats to our longevity as a race that will remain threats unless we take action and try to solve them. Maybe if people are scared, they will be more inclined to actually take action than to just let the words wash over them and carry on.

2. Childline Avatar
    Nickname278 / Oct 11 2019 23.03

What are your thoughts on air pollution?

3. Childline Avatar
    Enid000 / Oct 16 2019 8.49

Hi everyone!

I also have Asperger’s :)

This is an interesting topic, so I thought I‘d join the discussion... Personally, I would say I have to agree with ApplePlum on this one...

A point that caught my attention was on CO2 being the main factor in global warming. It has actually been shown that the Earth was warming but stopped in 1998 and warming was happeneing before CO2 levels rose and stopped when they were really skyrocketing. Basically, I‘m trying to say that there is no correlation between CO2 and increased temperature.

I’ve done quite a bit of digging on this topic and looked into both sides of the argument... Whilst the list of 31,000 cientiats may not be a very reliable source, I have watched multiple confrences by scientists showing climate change is just not true. An example of this, was a professor of geological science from the US. He had multiple PhDs, was well respected and all of his information and evidence was peer reviewed. He showed how global warming isn’t happening any more and argued that the Earth was just going through a natural process in the 1900s when it was.

Furthermore, going by the stats and evidence that is generally accepted to be true, the change in ‘climate’ in the past few years is considered to be dramatic and very concerning. However, climate is judged over a period of approx. 15 years. Within that time tempreature and weather will fluctuate, but that is normal, NOT climate change. That means that the climate when I was born (I’m 15) should be completely different, drastically so, to now.

I do, however, believe that human deforestation, destruction of habitats and the exploitation of natural resources is a problem. Just because the climate isn’t changing does not mean we should abuse the planet.

Enid

4. Heart
    Nickname278 / Oct 11 2019 23.03

What are your thoughts on air pollution?

ApplePlum / Oct 18 2019 17.10

Hi,

I believe that air pollution is much more important than climate change (which I disagree upon) and should be paid more attention to. In China, the pollution level is more than 500 micrograms. The world health guideline for the maximum level is 25 micrograms. I also feel that plastic in the ocean, amazon rainforest fire, etc, etc. deserves more attention than climate change. Feel free to show your thoughts on it

-ApplePlum

5. Heart
    Enid000 / Oct 16 2019 8.49

Hi everyone!

I also have Asperger’s :)

This is an interesting topic, so I thought I‘d join the discussion... Personally, I would say I have to agree with ApplePlum on this one...

A point that caught my attention was on CO2 being the main factor in global warming. It has actually been shown that the Earth was warming but stopped in 1998 and warming was happeneing before CO2 levels rose and stopped when they were really skyrocketing. Basically, I‘m trying to say that there is no correlation between CO2 and increased temperature.

I’ve done quite a bit of digging on this topic and looked into both sides of the argument... Whilst the list of 31,000 cientiats may not be a very reliable source, I have watched multiple confrences by scientists showing climate change is just not true. An example of this, was a professor of geological science from the US. He had multiple PhDs, was well respected and all of his information and evidence was peer reviewed. He showed how global warming isn’t happening any more and argued that the Earth was just going through a natural process in the 1900s when it was.

Furthermore, going by the stats and evidence that is generally accepted to be true, the change in ‘climate’ in the past few years is considered to be dramatic and very concerning. However, climate is judged over a period of approx. 15 years. Within that time tempreature and weather will fluctuate, but that is normal, NOT climate change. That means that the climate when I was born (I’m 15) should be completely different, drastically so, to now.

I do, however, believe that human deforestation, destruction of habitats and the exploitation of natural resources is a problem. Just because the climate isn’t changing does not mean we should abuse the planet.

Enid

ApplePlum / Oct 18 2019 17.21

Hi,

I'm very surprised that someone actually agrees with me (as you can see by my threads title). You put what I was thinking in words, so thanks. I have listened/watched different podcasts/discussions of scientists and normal people talking about climate change (on both sides of the debate) and they basically were talking about how our C02 having no correlation to the climate. Because you're 15 would have you already learnt about climate change in school? If you have been taught about it, do they show both sides of the debate or do they just show one?

-ApplePlum

6. Childline Avatar
    ApplePlum / Oct 18 2019 17.21

Hi,

I'm very surprised that someone actually agrees with me (as you can see by my threads title). You put what I was thinking in words, so thanks. I have listened/watched different podcasts/discussions of scientists and normal people talking about climate change (on both sides of the debate) and they basically were talking about how our C02 having no correlation to the climate. Because you're 15 would have you already learnt about climate change in school? If you have been taught about it, do they show both sides of the debate or do they just show one?

-ApplePlum

Enid000 / Oct 18 2019 17.43

Hi,

I’m not sure how much your school would have done yet, and it also depends on your options. (Have you chosen these yet?) Generally you will look at climate change etc. in things like science, D.T, and of course Geography.

In KS3 Geog and Science they only look at the ‘Global warming is definitely happening and is down to CO2’ side of things and the same if you do GCSE DT. GCSE geography, doesn’t really go into it too much if it’s covered at all. I didn’t actually take GCSE geog but I learnt the course in my free time and went into A level stuff and I didn’t really see it mentioned at all. To be honest, if you want information on this I think you have to do a fair bit if digging yourself.

You may get lucky if you ended up with a teacher who was very open minded and let the class look into things for interest’s sake, but I doubt it. I took GCSE product design and my course work spec was all about environmental problems and my teacher was not pleased when I debated climate change (I was gonna fail anyway...), so I don’t think school is willing to debate which is a shame :(

What sort of stuff have you listened too? I’ve mainly found confrences and stuff on YouTube etc. but no podcasts.

Hope you are doing okay xxx

7. Childline Avatar
    ApplePlum / Sep 25 2019 12.07

I know that everyone's going to disagree with me but I'll say it anyway...

I BELIEVE THAT CLIMATE CHANGE IS FAKE AND THAT IT'S JUST THE SUN THAT'S HEATING UP THE EARTH, NOT US. WE'RE BEING BRAINWASHED!

please don't judge me, I have science to back it up.

Scientists have known for a long time that climate change is fake and it's just the sun. On the huge climate change march, scientists joined and said that it's all fake and everyone is just been brainwashed. We do leave a carbon footprint but not big enough to actually change the climate.

As for Greta Thunberg(if you haven't heard of hear she is 16 and is a climate change activist) (she also has aperger's syndrome) I also believe she has been brainwashed into thinking that the human race is going extinct

JessieMockingjay / Jan 24 2020 22.17

climate change is real. listen to everything about it. it all makes sense. and...does it matter if greta has aspergers? shes still amazing and inspirational so i dont think you have to point that out

8. Mouse
    Wolf-Spirit / Feb 16 2020 21.36

I sincerly hope we are causing climate change.

Otheesise, we are properly doomed.

At the current rate of global temperture increase (whether by us or the sun), we will all be extinct a couple thosand years before we can find a new planet further away to destroy.

Even if we aren’t causing climate temperture change, we certianly are changing the climate and habitats with all the deforestation and plastic polution- I have drunk enough microplastics for today, I wonder what consequences will be uncovered a few decades down the line, as with everything.

9. Butterfly
    rainbowsandclouds / Feb 20 2020 10.40

Hi,

I'm skeptical of climate change too. I'm not saying that I completely believe that it is false or true.

Another argument that climate change is false is the solubility of gases. When it is warmer, less carbon dioxide can dissolve in water (oceans and seas) so more warmth means that there is more carbon dioxide in the air instead of the common belief that if there is more carbon dioxide in the air, it is warmer.

10. Heart
    khadijawasherelmaooo / May 27 2020 13.49

hey,

in my opinion, to think that climate change doesn't exist makes you an ignorant person. hear me out, how do you explain changes in precipitation and rainfall?, how do you explain rising sea levels?, how do you explain the melting of glaciers? hundreds of years ago, the earth was better than it is today, it is because we are burning ten times more fossil fuels that the earth is overheating. climate change isn't fake, i cant think of any liable explanation as to why scientists would lie about it? the amount of evidence is indisputable and can't be argued with. there is clear scientific evidence that we are the main cause for climate change and that it isn't fake at all.

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything