Show
  1. Butterfly
    Nike57 / Apr 26 2019 22.47

Im in year 6 and will b doing STATS soon. Not sure what its like can i please get some advice? thanks.

amazingjustthewayweare / May 20 2019 12.46

Hello Nike57

dont worry about the sats if you're not used to doing tests then past papers help a lot. once you get to like the end of year 7 the sats would feel like a breeze. Take some deep breaths and you can do it! you'll be great im sure of it

2. Bursting
    Cazgiraffe / May 20 2019 8.02

Well done! I hope you did really well, you deserve it x

Nike57 / Aug 17 2019 0.12

cheers sorry this is late

3. Childline Avatar
    Nike57 / Apr 28 2019 22.30

Thanks guys that really helped me not to feel to worried even though u passed yours years ago. Ill just try do my best since its only in three weeks👍

TheLuckster9000 / Sep 12 2019 19.32

So did u pass?

4. Outcast
    Happiness-and-love / Sep 15 2019 18.52

Hi im in year 8 and i did the SATs 2 years ago! I actually found it quite nice because it meant that all of that hard work from that year wont be put to waste and instead will go to the SATs. it lasts for about 4 or 5 days and tou have around 2 tests a day. Actually, your secondary school doesnt mention your SATs and your scores at all!

Good luck for your SATs xx!

5. Gamer
    ThePrank3r44 / Sep 24 2019 21.34

In my schools, SATs only measured which sets I went to in Y7. So if you get a bad score, they would put you in a set that could help you.

6. Childline Avatar

Im in year 6 and will b doing STATS soon. Not sure what its like can i please get some advice? thanks.

IDKNANMOLLA1 / Sep 26 2019 0.19

ypu dont even need stats in highschool they dont even give a damn abou relax ad just do bit u just have to worry about ur gcses

7. Childline Avatar
    Daniel-B1234 / Oct 13 2019 17.42

I am in year 7 ( secondary school ) they put pressure on you to look good in front of other schools and the government to then get more money, but pls do not worry they mean nothing to secondary school or later on in life they don t even care they will use them to tell other teachers and for them to help you.

8. Nose dive
    Josie-27 / Nov 10 2019 21.24

Hello, I did my sats last year and I was really scared like you, but they’re nothing to worry about. All the sats do is indicate your target grade for GCSE’s. And a target grade is just what you’re aiming for - not what you have to get. You cna get higher or lower than your target grade. Anyway, these test don’t change anything for you at all, and you don‘t have to share your scores with anyone if you don’t want to. Trust me, you will get through it! 👍

9. Childline Avatar
    Cazgiraffe / Apr 28 2019 7.02

Not at all! It won't be unless you worry too much x

Teachers put on pressure because it makes the school look good but they don't do anything! I got really high SATS results and now my target grades for GCSEs are too high so don't worry if you don't do as well as you thought.

Feel free to ask more questions x I did mine in 2016 ish so I might of forgot but will help if I can

Kawaii-Flower / Jan 11 2020 21.33

same with me

10. Childline Avatar

Kawaii-Flower / Jan 11 2020 21.39

the sats are fine and my advice is you is to take any kind of free/cheap tutoring in Y6/5 I went to a tutor 3 times a week and it really helped me also talking to your teacher at break is helpful he/she can give you support. The SAT are not too bad looking back and everyone is so nice and helpful

good luck

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything