Getting support after a 1-2-1 chat

1. Coolcat
    Kittensareawesome / Feb 08 2018 19.00

You could link us to an interactie breathing exercise which helps us calm down from intense feelings or helps us deal with bad chats after and before answering a 1-2-1 chat as often people complain about waiting times

2. Heart
    Ballet7 / Feb 10 2018 11.28

i think the 1-2-1?chats are amazing. i just used it and childline really understood. i gave it a 5 star rating. i would recommend it to others-it doesn't matter how big your problem is. my problem wasn't huge but they still talked to me and i'm already feeling better.

3. Reaching out
    Kittensareawesome / Feb 08 2018 19.00

You could link us to an interactie breathing exercise which helps us calm down from intense feelings or helps us deal with bad chats after and before answering a 1-2-1 chat as often people complain about waiting times

Childline-Host / Feb 12 2018 19.21

Hello there,

What a fantastic idea!  You are right that any way to keep calm might be really helpful to people and i'll definitely pass on your idea so the team can look into whether it could be added.

We need your great ideas to make the site even better so keep them coming!

Bye for now,

Lou-Host

4. Reaching out
    Ballet7 / Feb 10 2018 11.28

i think the 1-2-1?chats are amazing. i just used it and childline really understood. i gave it a 5 star rating. i would recommend it to others-it doesn't matter how big your problem is. my problem wasn't huge but they still talked to me and i'm already feeling better.

Childline-Host / Feb 12 2018 19.32

Hi Ballet7,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience of 1-2-1 chat.  It's great to hear that you had such a good experience and I hope you'll keep using the chats now whenever you need support.  Sharing experiences like this can also be really helpful in encouraging others to try to make contact so thank you! I can tell the sort of time and date you might have had the chat so I will also try and get your positive feedback passed to the counsellor you chatted with.

Take care,

Lou-Host

5. Explosion
    Jas-Host / Jan 26 2018 11.53

Hi everyone,

We'd really like to hear about your experiences of using 1-2-1 chat and about which parts of the website help you once your chat has ended.  You might have noticed the star ratings after a chat too - you usually get the chance to rate your chat out of 5.  We're looking to find out more about how you use these ratings.

You won't be asked to tell us about the things you talked about in a chat and it's completely anonymous too - it's about hearing what you all think and using your views to make your experience better!

Take our survey here https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/AfterChatMB

Thanks for all the help!

Take care,

Jas-Host

gracie-lauren / Feb 26 2018 18.57

I just came off my chat with a counselor and I was able to talk about everything. I always got helpful information and a speedy reply, it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be! They definitely helped with giving me some distractions and were really friendly. My waiting time was only 10 minutes so that was great too. I now feel like next time I need to talk, I can always come to child-line, I honestly can't say how much talking helps and I will definitely come here next time I need advice. Thank you!

6. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Feb 27 2018 12.45

Hi gracie-lauren,

This is amazing to hear! We're so glad that everything worked this well for you and that talking helped this much!

It can be a scary thought to tell someone about how you are feeling and about things in your life and that's ok! But the difference talking can make well, it's like this!

Thank you for posting this and for letting us all know - it makes us hosts smile and we know it can also really help another young person to think about trying a chat too.

Take care,

Jas-Host

7. Seeker
    EasyClap727PP / Mar 03 2018 20.31

Hey!

I wrote this on an out of date thread, but: The chats usually go well, but sometimes the counsellors ask for a bit too much info: Eg: in one of my chats, the counsellor asked for my name, age and whether I'm a boy or a girl, which was a bit weird.

Also, could you say thank you to Graham?

(P.S: On most browsers, when you're not in a text window the backspace key sends you back a page, making it really easy to click off the message box and try to delete something and accidently get cut off instead. If you're about to leave the chat by any means, could there be an "are you sure?" message that pops up like omgomgfreak said? Thanks!)

8. Bursting
    Jas-Host / Feb 08 2018 11.35

Hi omgomgfreak,

We can definitely pass this on to Susie for you - thanks for wanting to let her know. It can be really frustrating and maybe even disappointing when a chat ends and especially when you and Susie were having such a nice conversation. But we know that the counsellors know a chat can end for lots of different reasons.

The chat exit button is really easy to press when you don't mean to and we know that others get really annoyed about this too.

We are looking into what we can do to make it less likely that a chat ends like this - thanks for the suggestion and you can always post all your ideas on this Your Site, Your Say board.

We hope you get to have lots more friendly and helpful chats like this!

Thanks!

Jas-Host

Matt--- / Mar 08 2018 0.29

I have done this once before and it is very frustrating as I mixed up send and exit chat.

9. Childline Avatar
    Iamjustkatie / Mar 11 2018 0.05

hi, i generally want to know what you all think, if an adult has given something to you and your a child, do they have the right to take it off you?

10. Prisoner
    Iamjustkatie / Mar 11 2018 0.05

hi, i generally want to know what you all think, if an adult has given something to you and your a child, do they have the right to take it off you?

111123 / Mar 11 2018 18.30

yeah i guess x it depends if they are ur parent or carer, and if when they gave it to u they made it clear that it was not a right, and that technically it still belongs to them ie if your parent bought u a phone then they can confiscate it if they think it is necessary x i dont think its right for them to take it away permanantly tho x

Locked Sorry, you may no longer participate in this thread.

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything