1. Childline Avatar
    The-Ostracized / Oct 25 2014 16.16
    allthatperpetualpain / theisland

This is a great idea. Well personally i feel like the emails could be improved by not just repeating what you say back to you.

Negative Feedback:
    Like a lot of my replies are mostly all what i have already written, but then a few of the counsellors sentences added on. But when i asked for them to not just repeat what i said back to me i found their email a lot more useful and less robotic. Like i understand they need to identify the things you said before they discuss them, but when they do that i feel a majority of the text in the email response isnt all their writting.
    Like if they didnt do that it would be a lot more helpful and i wouldnt sometimes feel like i wasted 24 hours waiting for a message when all it does is repeat what you already said back to you.

I also think that the phrase: "It sounds like that was pretty hard for you" is used far too much. Like nearly every time i get a reply off an email or 1-2-1 it says that and it is really repetitive and makes you feel like they are all told to say the same thing. Like just rephrasing it or using a different choice of words would be good. Rather than everyone using the same phrase.

Positive Feedback:
    The emails are really useful because if you have too much going on and cant say it in a 1-2-1 without time running out it is worth the 24 hour wait.

Whenever im stressed or upset i can just throw every single feeling into an email and when i get a reply a little later it helps me get over how im feeling or helps me figure out what to do about something.

They are much more productive than 1-2-1s because the counsellor doesnt have restricted time to reply, so they can help you out without a restrictive timescale.

I put both good and bad because i find the emails really useful, but i also think they could be improved maybe.
    Thanks
    ~AllThatPerpetualPain

Hi, AllThatPerpetualPain

I also agree with you, the email can sometime be very repetitive. They always seem to repeat what you have said in previous email. I makes me wonder if they can see all then email we have sent of just the one that they reply to. Occasionally they also ask similar question too those that you already been asked in previous replys. If they can't see our previous email then it probably means they are relying only on notes taken by others, which can sometime be misinterperated. 

It is still sometimes annoying but maybe it can't be helped.

Kim xoxo

2. Reaching out
    Max-Host / Oct 28 2014 14.17
    thegirlnamedmeg / 18 october 2014 at 11:39

This is a great idea. Well personally i feel like the emails could be improved by not just repeating what you say back to you.

Negative Feedback:
    Like a lot of my replies are mostly all what i have already written, but then a few of the counsellors sentences added on. But when i asked for them to not just repeat what i said back to me i found their email a lot more useful and less robotic. Like i understand they need to identify the things you said before they discuss them, but when they do that i feel a majority of the text in the email response isnt all their writting.
    Like if they didnt do that it would be a lot more helpful and i wouldnt sometimes feel like i wasted 24 hours waiting for a message when all it does is repeat what you already said back to you.

I also think that the phrase: "It sounds like that was pretty hard for you" is used far too much. Like nearly every time i get a reply off an email or 1-2-1 it says that and it is really repetitive and makes you feel like they are all told to say the same thing. Like just rephrasing it or using a different choice of words would be good. Rather than everyone using the same phrase.

Positive Feedback:
    The emails are really useful because if you have too much going on and cant say it in a 1-2-1 without time running out it is worth the 24 hour wait.

Whenever im stressed or upset i can just throw every single feeling into an email and when i get a reply a little later it helps me get over how im feeling or helps me figure out what to do about something.

They are much more productive than 1-2-1s because the counsellor doesnt have restricted time to reply, so they can help you out without a restrictive timescale.

I put both good and bad because i find the emails really useful, but i also think they could be improved maybe.
    Thanks
    ~AllThatPerpetualPain

Hi TheGirlNamedMeg, 

Sorry I am seeing this a bit late, I read through all the positive and negative points and its really clear and helpful. 

Your point about them being repetitive is something that many people felt really strongly about and we have tried to make changes so that is something that happens much less. 

We recently created a survey that we shared with the community about changes to the emails and

hopefully you got a chance to share your thoughts on that too. They were sent with emails from counsellors but it was just a random sample of people that will have seen them. 

Very insightful comments, thanks TheGirlNamedMeg 

Max-Host

3. Childline Avatar
    upsetgirl145 / Oct 30 2014 23.02

Hey,

The emailing service is awesome!

Wow. Like i would seriously recommend this if you really wanted to go into detail about your worries. It may take 24 hours for a reply but it is the best thing by af that i have brought myself to being able to do.

I'm telling ya, they comforted me in my worst states, they stayed calm when i was ranting but then was able to bring me down a level. 

So a message to all the childline counsellors:

'Keep doing what you are doing, dont let nothing get in the way, youve done so much fro me already and i cannot thank you enough, it means so much to know somebody out there listens to what i have to say (even though i panic  a lot) but no your all so kind and lovely, thank you for everything, youre all amazing!'

Abbie x

4. Reaching out
    Max-Host / Nov 04 2014 11.20
    upsetgirl145 / 30 october 2014 at 23:02

Hey,

The emailing service is awesome!

Wow. Like i would seriously recommend this if you really wanted to go into detail about your worries. It may take 24 hours for a reply but it is the best thing by af that i have brought myself to being able to do.

I'm telling ya, they comforted me in my worst states, they stayed calm when i was ranting but then was able to bring me down a level. 

So a message to all the childline counsellors:

'Keep doing what you are doing, dont let nothing get in the way, youve done so much fro me already and i cannot thank you enough, it means so much to know somebody out there listens to what i have to say (even though i panic  a lot) but no your all so kind and lovely, thank you for everything, youre all amazing!'

Abbie x

Hi Abbie,

Emails as you said can be really helpful if you want to go into things in detail, and to get things out of your mind and into a message.

We are really pleased that you have had such a good experience with emails. We have recently listened to some of the feedback that we had received about emails and tried to make some positive changes to them. It sounds like they might be working!

I will make sure that your message gets passed onto the counsellors, they will be so pleased to hear about how they have helped you.

Thanks

Max-Host

5. Fixer
    Alphabet15 / Nov 09 2014 21.07

Hi,

Just wondering if you can pass a message on to a counsellor called Emma for me please? 

I got an email (well 2 actually because it came through twice. Guessing there was a minor technical blip there) from her today at 18:15 (or 18:17, whichever makes more sense).

She was just so kind. I really felt like there was another person replying to me. She was so lovely and genuinely seemed to care. So big thanks to Emma :) 

Thanks, 

Fleur 

6. Childline Avatar
    justmeandchicken / Nov 10 2014 20.30

honestly i only use the email service becuase i find it so much easier knowing i can take a longer time to word my reply in a better way which makes me feel alot more confortable.

genrally the email service is really good but sometimes i feel like the topic changes becuase sometimes they dont understand your message 100% which is obviously understandable.

erm yeah 

J' x

7. Childline Avatar
    justmeandchicken / Nov 10 2014 20.33

alsooooo, i know its kind of a lot ot ask but would a host be able to say thank you to the councellor called 'lizzi' 

i recntly had a message from her and out of all of them i just feel lieks he understood exsactly what i was trying to say :)

8. Fixer
    Alphabet15 / Nov 17 2014 20.34

Me again (sorry, emails are just so good at the moment!) 

Is it possible to say thanks to a counsellor called Mary please? I got an email through from her at 15:55 today (17th) and just so nice. She seemed to really understand and I really liked her paragraph about the wall (long story), I love metaphors :) 

Fleur 

9. Reaching out
    Max-Host / Nov 18 2014 17.07
    justmeandchicken / 10 november 2014 at 20:33

alsooooo, i know its kind of a lot ot ask but would a host be able to say thank you to the councellor called 'lizzi' 

i recntly had a message from her and out of all of them i just feel lieks he understood exsactly what i was trying to say :)

Hi justmeandchicken, 

We can definitely pass on feedback to Lizzi and it is really great that she got what you were trying to say. 

All we need is the details of the date and time of the email and we can let her know how she helped you.

Thanks

Max-Host

10. Reaching out
    Max-Host / Nov 18 2014 17.17
    alphabet13 / 17 november 2014 at 20:34

Me again (sorry, emails are just so good at the moment!) 

Is it possible to say thanks to a counsellor called Mary please? I got an email through from her at 15:55 today (17th) and just so nice. She seemed to really understand and I really liked her paragraph about the wall (long story), I love metaphors :) 

Fleur 

Hi Fleur, 

No need to apologise at all, it is so good to hear how the emails are really good at the moment, especially, after we have made some changes to them.

I am really intrigued about the metaphor about the wall, glad that you liked it and it was helpful.

I will pass this on, and we can let Mary know, thanks for providing the date and the time, I am sure she will be pleased to know the metaphor was a hit!

Max-Host

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything