Getting support after a 1-2-1 chat

Show
  1. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Jan 26 2018 11.53

Hi everyone,

We'd really like to hear about your experiences of using 1-2-1 chat and about which parts of the website help you once your chat has ended.  You might have noticed the star ratings after a chat too - you usually get the chance to rate your chat out of 5.  We're looking to find out more about how you use these ratings.

You won't be asked to tell us about the things you talked about in a chat and it's completely anonymous too - it's about hearing what you all think and using your views to make your experience better!

Take our survey here https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/AfterChatMB

Thanks for all the help!

Take care,

Jas-Host

2. Childline Avatar
    Itsmepoppy / Jan 26 2018 13.36

i think it would be good if you could write a comment aswell as rate it with the stars so the counsellor can know and it saves everyone writing it on here from poppy-grace

3. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Jan 26 2018 17.02

Hi poppy-grace,

Thanks for posting and letting us know what you'd like to be able to do! Being able to leave a comment could be a really good option for some if they feel they want to say something to the counsellor about the chat that they didn't get the chance to at the end.

I guess some people might be feeling a lot of different emotions after a chat - talking, even when a really positive experience, can be tough and it can take a bit of time to work out how you feel and how you feel about the chat too.

Some might also not want to say things they maybe didn't like about the chat, so that's why the boards can be a good place to write about an experience. And to hear what others experienced too.

Sometimes, those board posts can not only go back to the counselling team to let them know but can really make the difference for others on the boards too. A positive post about a chat might be the thing that lets someone decide to try chat for the first time.

And if someone sees a more negative experience talked about, they might feel able to share their views too.

We want you all to be able to say how you feel in a way that works best for you!

Thanks!

Take care,

Jas-Host

4. Sweets
    HiddenGlitter / Jan 28 2018 18.48

I have had two counsellor chats and they went well but I usually feel too shy. Sometimes I enter the waiting room and then change my mind and leave because I feel too nervous.

Also, is there anyway you can identify a counselor? I think that might be useful if somebody feels the need to report a counsellor or something and so they remember which counsellor they were speaking to.

Michelle xoxoxox

5. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Jan 30 2018 16.19

Hi Michelle,

It's amazing to hear how your chats went but no matter what, it's ok to feel shy and nervous. Even entering the waiting room can be a big step - deciding to talk to someone about things in your life and how you feel isn't always easy. That's why it's always ok to take your time.

And it can take time too to build up to opening up a bit more, to feeling a bit more comfortable.

It's always ok to ask a counsellor for their first name when you're talking to them. And if you leave feedback here for us to pass on, even if you don't have a name, the time and the date lets us find it.

We hope that helps!

Take care,

Jas-Host

6. Prisoner
    111123 / Jan 30 2018 19.32

i just had an amazing, really helpful chat with beth!! could you pass this feedback on for me??

thank you!!

frankie xx

7. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Jan 31 2018 10.00

Hi Frankie,

We'd love to pass this on - amazing and really helpful is great feedback and we're so glad that your chat was like this!  It sounds like you came away feeling really happy - your message sounds full of energy!

Thanks for this!

Take care,

Jas-Host

8. Butterfly
    szia10 / Jan 31 2018 21.44

I used to use the 121 chats a lot but recently the computer in our house is very slow so by the time I type something in and it works the website thinks you are gone and it puts me back to the waiting room. I have tried using the email thing which works because you have as long as you need to write what you want to but I don't like that you have to wait a whole day until you get a reply. I have also tried phoning but when someone picks up I just get really nervous and then I freeze and can't say anything and the person eventually hangs up. But please don't get me wrong, I think childline is great and when I get a reply from an email it is always very useful.

Thanks

9. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Feb 02 2018 13.48

Hi szia10,

Thanks for telling us about how you find things! It's always important that we do hear. Emails do work a bit differently in that the counsellor aim to get back to you within 24 hours, so it's maybe not the best way if someone really wants to talk right at that exact time. But they can, as you say, be such a good way of taking your time and writing what you want with no time limit. Reading a reply works in the same way too - you can take as much time as you need.

We're glad that replies are useful and if anyone has their own tips for helping while waiting for a reply, it'd be great to share!

It's ok to feel nervous about calling - it can take a lot to begin talking but even being able to try is a big step. The counsellors know that young people get nervous and you're definitely not alone. Again, if anyone has their own advice for what can help, we'd love to hear.

Take care,

Jas-Host

10. Childline Avatar
    omgomgfreak / Feb 07 2018 22.48

#SearchForSusie

So this may be irrelevant, I just didn't know where to post it. I started talking to 'Susie from Glasgow' on the 1-2-1 chat, and she was really friendly and helpful and we were having a really nice conversation. But when I was going to respond to one of her questions, I accidentally pressed the exit button and cut her off. I felt bad and wanted to continue the conversation. So yeah, if you could pass on a message...sorry!

PS. Just a suggestion, for the 'exit chat' button, maybe add an 'are you sure?' option. Thanks

11. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Feb 08 2018 11.35

Hi omgomgfreak,

We can definitely pass this on to Susie for you - thanks for wanting to let her know. It can be really frustrating and maybe even disappointing when a chat ends and especially when you and Susie were having such a nice conversation. But we know that the counsellors know a chat can end for lots of different reasons.

The chat exit button is really easy to press when you don't mean to and we know that others get really annoyed about this too.

We are looking into what we can do to make it less likely that a chat ends like this - thanks for the suggestion and you can always post all your ideas on this Your Site, Your Say board.

We hope you get to have lots more friendly and helpful chats like this!

Thanks!

Jas-Host

Show
Locked Sorry, you may no longer participate in this thread.

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything