Smoking - Are there actually any benefits?

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Robb123 / May 07 2016 9.49

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm very aware of all the health risks related to smoking cigarettes. The thing is that smoking cigarettes actually helped me cope with stress and self harm. I'm two years clean from cutting and I've managed to cut my smoking down to about 2 a week. 

People only talk about the negatives but smoking stopped me from commiting suicide.

Oh by the way I wouldn't recomend actually smoking, it only worked for me, seriously it's dreadful for your health and makes you stink of cigarettes. Try cycling or colouring and espcecially playing computer games. If you're feeling stressed just load up Call of duty and hose them down.

2. Childline Avatar
    lyrical-gangsta9 / May 05 2016 22.59
    robb123 / 27 april 2016 at 20:21

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm very aware of all the health risks related to smoking cigarettes. The thing is that smoking cigarettes actually helped me cope with stress and self harm. I'm two years clean from cutting and I've managed to cut my smoking down to about 2 a week. 

People only talk about the negatives but smoking stopped me from commiting suicide.

Oh by the way I wouldn't recomend actually smoking, it only worked for me, seriously it's dreadful for your health and makes you stink of cigarettes. Try cycling or colouring and espcecially playing computer games. If you're feeling stressed just load up Call of duty and hose them down.

it calms me down thats y i do it

3. Childline Avatar
    beth1437 / May 07 2016 6.41
    robb123 / 27 april 2016 at 20:21

Why don't you maybe have a try of what you suggested to other people. It might help you more in the long run. Good luck x

4. Wallflower
    teal56 / May 07 2016 9.49

There are no benefits what so ever with smoking. The nicotine makes you feel better, but they also make you addicted which can cause all sorts of dieses and eventually death. However well done on cutting down to only two a week. Teal x

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything