My brother....I need advice URGENTLY

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Vivian-88 / May 30 2016 19.23

Okay, I have had this in for a loooonnnggg time so I need to get it  out. So basically my brother has always been very secretive about who his friends are,who he likes, what he's doing on social media, who he's talking to,what he's doing ect.. And one day my dad was out somewhere and my brother was phoning my mum so he gave the phone to me to talk to my mum and he went up stairs for a minute, my mum hung up so I decided to snoop threw his phone and look at his texts and one of his texts was between his friend, well let's just call this friend "Tony"...Anyway, the messages were saying this:

Tony: Do you wanna smoke some bongs in my garage?

My brother: sure I'm coming over

Tony: Hurry up I'm getting paranoid someone will catch me

I was SO shocked as my brother is a sports man and he wouldn't do drugs or drink as it would get in the way of his sports 

Should I tell my mum or leave it? I don't know what to do and I don't want drugs to ruin him 

Thank you so much if you took the time to read this :)

2. Prisoner
    HelloImVee / Nov 23 2015 22.49

Maybe you should start by telling your mum and "Tony"s mum if they are aware their sons are doing drugs. However i wouldn't tell your brother u went through his phone if i were you or you might loose his trust. U could always write an anon letter claiming to be a worried neighbor, or somebody from school who overheard a conversation. Either way i think its in your mums best interest to know, especially if you are worried about your brother. 

Another option is just to come clean to your brother and tell him u know hes doing drugs (you don't have to say how) and try to get him to stop. 

Maybe even tell his teacher and then its his / her responsibility to deal with it. You could ask to not be mentioned in it at all- im sure they'd understand. 

Its up to you, but if you're worried- don't suffer in silence.

hope i helped ;) good luck

3. Childline Avatar
    Vivian-88 / Nov 24 2015 19.26
    vee1999 / 23 november 2015 at 22:49

Maybe you should start by telling your mum and "Tony"s mum if they are aware their sons are doing drugs. However i wouldn't tell your brother u went through his phone if i were you or you might loose his trust. U could always write an anon letter claiming to be a worried neighbor, or somebody from school who overheard a conversation. Either way i think its in your mums best interest to know, especially if you are worried about your brother. 

Another option is just to come clean to your brother and tell him u know hes doing drugs (you don't have to say how) and try to get him to stop. 

Maybe even tell his teacher and then its his / her responsibility to deal with it. You could ask to not be mentioned in it at all- im sure they'd understand. 

Its up to you, but if you're worried- don't suffer in silence.

hope i helped ;) good luck

Thank you so much for taking your time to read this and help me :') I'll try and do some of those things

4. Childline Avatar
    JellyBean2404 / May 30 2016 19.23
    vivian / 88

Okay, I have had this in for a loooonnnggg time so I need to get it  out. So basically my brother has always been very secretive about who his friends are,who he likes, what he's doing on social media, who he's talking to,what he's doing ect.. And one day my dad was out somewhere and my brother was phoning my mum so he gave the phone to me to talk to my mum and he went up stairs for a minute, my mum hung up so I decided to snoop threw his phone and look at his texts and one of his texts was between his friend, well let's just call this friend "Tony"...Anyway, the messages were saying this:

Tony: Do you wanna smoke some bongs in my garage?

My brother: sure I'm coming over

Tony: Hurry up I'm getting paranoid someone will catch me

I was SO shocked as my brother is a sports man and he wouldn't do drugs or drink as it would get in the way of his sports 

Should I tell my mum or leave it? I don't know what to do and I don't want drugs to ruin him 

Thank you so much if you took the time to read this :)

Hey,

I would tell your mum because this "Tony" person doesnt seem to be very nice and your brother should be doing drugs.Maybe when you tell your mum make sure that she doesnt say you told her.I would also follow the advise from helloim vee they semm like good ideas.

Make sure you tell someone

Love

Boo2404

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything