Rumours of self harm

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Jess4006 / May 12 2016 19.17

Hi, recently there have been many rumours about me saying that I self harm but I don't. They don't believe me and everyone keeps coming up to me and asking 'Is it true you self harm?' And it's frustrating. I'm not sure who started the rumour but I burnt my wrist in cooking at the start of the year and people are now saying that I used a rubber to self harm when it's a scar from a burn. I don't know what to say to people as they don't believe me. Does anyone have any advice they can give to me, if so it would make a massive difference :)

•Jess•

2. Childline Avatar
    TheLittleWhiteLies / May 12 2016 19.17
    jess4006 / 11 may 2016 at 08:21

Hi, recently there have been many rumours about me saying that I self harm but I don't. They don't believe me and everyone keeps coming up to me and asking 'Is it true you self harm?' And it's frustrating. I'm not sure who started the rumour but I burnt my wrist in cooking at the start of the year and people are now saying that I used a rubber to self harm when it's a scar from a burn. I don't know what to say to people as they don't believe me. Does anyone have any advice they can give to me, if so it would make a massive difference :)

•Jess•

You cant really stop rumours, I suggest talking to your friends and anyone close to you to reassure them it isnt true. And sadly that is all you can do but it will fade after a while x

-Nia

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything