My friend has started self harming

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    design1332 / May 15 2016 13.56

Well, my friend at school is stressed out about her life. We have only just started secondary school, and I think the pressure of exams and homework, is getting to her! She tells me she wants to  DIE, but she doesn't self-harm.  Up until the other day, she started giving herself bruises, I'm not sure what I can do to show her there is more to life that stressing and self-harm.

Please help me!

2. Bursting
    prophecygirl / May 15 2016 13.56
    design1332 / today at 12:48

Well, my friend at school is stressed out about her life. We have only just started secondary school, and I think the pressure of exams and homework, is getting to her! She tells me she wants to  DIE, but she doesn't self-harm.  Up until the other day, she started giving herself bruises, I'm not sure what I can do to show her there is more to life that stressing and self-harm.

Please help me!

Hello, I know what you're going through my best friend and me have just fallen out because I was trying to keep her safe... If your scared that you might fall out or she may not see the positive to things, try to speak to her, don't just presume it's because of exams and homework, it may well be but there's a lot of other causes... If it's getting worse and she's in a more serious place, I would tell a teacher... Safe guarding at your school... They can help... Hope this helps.. Hope you get back if you think this may not work..

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything