is emotional abuse illegal in the uk???

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    stcnecold / May 14 2016 8.42

my mum's been emotionally/physically abusing me for as long as I can rememeber. i was thinking about reporting this as its getting way too bad now and i was wondering is it worth it and will they do anything?

2. Childline Avatar
    EmilyMac / Apr 29 2016 15.50

Hello,

I'm very sorry about what you're going through. It is most defiantly illegal. I have been emotionally and physically abused by my dad since I was 4. I understand that you're in a very tough situation right now. I told my school about what happened and it just got loads worst at first bcause thy put me with my dad's mum. Nothing has changed at the moment but things are going to get better. I'm on Child Protection which means my parents have to do what the authoraties say. It was extremely hard telling someone and I strongly think you should because no child should be living through that. It's not normal!

If you ever need to talk or have any worries, just let me now. I'm always here for you.

Lots of love E xx

3. Childline Avatar
    Shinebrightxoxo / May 03 2016 16.28
    stcnecold / 28 april 2016 at 17:27

my mum's been emotionally/physically abusing me for as long as I can rememeber. i was thinking about reporting this as its getting way too bad now and i was wondering is it worth it and will they do anything?

This is deffinitly abuse and you should sort it out and they will do something about it. You could tell a trusted adult or teacher at school. They can help.

things they might do to help is

speak to your mum about her behaviour

assess wether you are in danger or not

if they think you are in danger they might move you into care or make you live with another family member. Maybe a grandparent or an Aunty 

4. Childline Avatar
    sophie1719 / May 14 2016 8.42

Hello, I just want to put my story out there of a never ending abuse. Since August of 2015 my dads family have been emotional and physically abused me also child abuse because his girlfriend locked me outside at night. I had decided that in October 2015 that enough was enough I pulled access with surport from my mum. But since I stopped going my brother has been emotional abused too. It isn't fair because he has autism. I have had arguments with my dad about the whole thing and he picked his girlfriend over me 😔 I have had the abuse over text on Facebook messenger and what's app. I was physically abused by his girlfriend I was hit with a tea towel and we were forced to do jobs around the house. But recently my brother stopped seeing him but since that we have had emotional abuse from my dad everyday this week. I told him to block them all on Facebook and their numbers just like I did. What we didn't know was that someone from the family my uncle had contacted him. We have seeked legal advice we have a solicter and she told us to screenshot everything they have sent so we could use it as evidence to prove he has done it. If you are going through the same thing remember stay strong and prove them wrong and get counselling I did it helps a lot.

inbox me and I will help you xxx 

lots of love Sophie xxx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything