emotional abuse and care

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Rose7153 / May 25 2016 20.02

so, by now i realise that im being emotinaly abused. i want to tell somebody, but everyone always says im "over reacting" or "begging for attention". they wont help me and i cant carry on living with my dad. he and my mum argue most nights. thankfuly my sister and dog are fine, but... it need to get away. who can i talk to to get away? its only a matter of time before he snapes. i dont want to be there when he dose, only the lord knows what hell do. i know nobody will reply. but, ihope

THX rose

2. Childline Avatar
    AdeIMyName / May 24 2016 17.42

I know where you are coming from, and I am sorry no one replied to you sooner. I'm 11 years old and since I was 6 I have been dealing with emotional and physical abuse. I'm the youngest out of 6 children and whenever I talk to my abuse mum or horrible siblings they accuse me of lying about the whole situation. Even though they hit me to. I'm also scared that my mum might snap and loose control, it happened to me once were she strangled me and then bruised my legs and broke my finger. You need to tell someone, and when you do, I promise I will to tell someone. Good luck and goodbye :) !

3. Reaching out
    Childline-Host / May 25 2016 19.53
    rose7153 / 18 april 2016 at 22:03

so, by now i realise that im being emotinaly abused. i want to tell somebody, but everyone always says im "over reacting" or "begging for attention". they wont help me and i cant carry on living with my dad. he and my mum argue most nights. thankfuly my sister and dog are fine, but... it need to get away. who can i talk to to get away? its only a matter of time before he snapes. i dont want to be there when he dose, only the lord knows what hell do. i know nobody will reply. but, ihope

THX rose

Hi Rose7153

So sorry for only seeing your post now and I hope you see the repsponses. The boards are so big it can take some time to get around them.

It is wrong for anyone to treat you this way and important that you can talk to someone who will listen about what is going on at home.

The ChildLine counsellors are there to do just that and maybe you could think about trying a 1-2-1 chat? It will be a place for you to talk about how things are for you and how you are feeling inside - a safe space for you to talk freely.

Sharing your worries can really help and ChildLine is here to support you.

Take care & Stay strong

Frankie Host

4. Reaching out
    Childline-Host / May 25 2016 20.02
    adeimyname / 24 may 2016 at 17:42

I know where you are coming from, and I am sorry no one replied to you sooner. I'm 11 years old and since I was 6 I have been dealing with emotional and physical abuse. I'm the youngest out of 6 children and whenever I talk to my abuse mum or horrible siblings they accuse me of lying about the whole situation. Even though they hit me to. I'm also scared that my mum might snap and loose control, it happened to me once were she strangled me and then bruised my legs and broke my finger. You need to tell someone, and when you do, I promise I will to tell someone. Good luck and goodbye :) !

Hey there AdelMyName

I see that you have given a great supportive response to Rose7153 and offered her really good advice to tell someone which is really nice to do for someone else. That's a really caring thing to support another person.

I can see from your post that things are difficult for you at the moment and wanted to let you know that it is really important that you too get the help and support you deserve.

Maybe you could think about speaking with one of the ChildLine counsellors ? You could try having a 1-2-1 chat sometime - it can really help to talk things through and have someone listen.

Nobody has the right to hurt you in any way and it is wrong for anyone to do that. Remember there is support at ChildLine for you.

Take care & Stay strong

Frankie Host

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything