Growing up situation

Show
  1. Graduate
    ThePixieSchool098 / Jul 01 2022 17.34

Hi ppl,

So my grandparents whenever they see me always say how big i am getting and i know it sounds silly but i really don't like it. It makes me feel self-conscious. I want to tell them not to say it but i feel it will upset them. What do i do?

2. Comic
    PositiveHockeyStar1313 / Jul 01 2022 18.00

Hi

Hmm...that’s a tough one. You dont like something you’re grandparent’s doing, but you love them and dont want to hurt them by saying this...

Maybe you could tell them how you feel in a kind and calm way, and also tell them how much you love them I dont know how your grandparents are like, but I think most grandparents dont get offended so easily. I mean, that‘s what its like with my grandparents anyway! They always laugh and smile at anything. Once my mum said that usually people from the olden days (people who were born in the 1940s, 1950s, 60s, even the 80s etc.) they dont get so offended by what people sI ay or do, unlike people of this generation. And my mum wasnt saying that to be mean or show off (because she was born from the 70s) because its actually true, when you think about it.

If maybe you feel like you cant tell your grandparents then maybe speak to your parents or anyone else you trust.

Hope this helps! (Sorry if it hasnt! )

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything