Signing up to the Armed Forces

Show
  1. Loser
    RoyalDabbingFrog1691 / Jun 22 2022 11.05

Hello,

I hope everything is okay and joining the lovely weather we have at the moment how long is that going to last until we end up having terrible weather anyway let me get to the point.

I am thinking about joining the army. It's something that I have always been interested in doing since a young age and I admire all the veterans that fought for our country during WW1 and WW2. I have been in touch with the British Army regiment asking for more advice on what life will be like if I do join and they have been really helpful and provided me with some really useful pieces of information. I am just wondering if anyone else has thought about joining the army or could help me.

Thank you and I hope you understand what I am trying to say and I hope you enjoy the lovely weather.

2. Outcast
    LonelyUniverse579 / Jun 26 2022 8.47

hey, thank you so much i hope everything’s okay with you and that you’re enjoying the lovely weather as well. i’m really sorry i don’t have much advice for this as i don’t really know a lot about the army but i wanted to say i think it’s really very brave of you and i think you should never give up on your dreams because if you really want something enough to try and you try chances are even as long as you keep trying you could get it and you deserve to live your dreams and feel alive and be yourself freely so i guess my advice would be to keep in mind how you feel because however you really feel is always important and valid and it matters, you have every right to express it, also remember to listen to yourself if you need a rest let yourself rest obviously i don’t know what it’s like being in the armed forces but i can imagine it would be an intense job so self care is really important like be careful, but yeah if you really want to do this then whatever happens i think you should listen to how you feel and follow your dreams - sorry this sounds kinda cheesy - but it’s true you deserve to feel good and do what you would love to do and it’s really brave of you to even consider going after your dreams so that in itself is a step forward to getting there, and even the little steps can go a long way, you don’t have to take big leaps to call it progress. i really hope you’re okay and that this helps in some way, hopefully it at least helps you feel listened to, you deserve to feel/be heard. you sound like a really nice caring person and also very brave so as hard as it can be, have faith in yourself because the future is filled with opportunity even when you don’t see it yet so just try take things at your pace and remember you can do anything you set your mind to …

3. Outcast
    LonelyUniverse579 / Jun 26 2022 8.51

… i believe in you! and even if/when it feels like no one’s listening you’re still making a heck of a big difference than you realise just by even being here which is incredible so keep holding on even through the tough times because it will be worth it, and you deserve to feel so proud of how far you’ve already come! I’m really sorry if this doesn’t really help, i really hope you’re alright and having a very nice day/night, please stay safe

4. Loser
    LonelyUniverse579 / Jun 26 2022 8.51

… i believe in you! and even if/when it feels like no one’s listening you’re still making a heck of a big difference than you realise just by even being here which is incredible so keep holding on even through the tough times because it will be worth it, and you deserve to feel so proud of how far you’ve already come! I’m really sorry if this doesn’t really help, i really hope you’re alright and having a very nice day/night, please stay safe

RoyalDabbingFrog1691 / Jun 27 2022 11.34

Thank you for all your kinds words. Really means a lot you have taken up your time to reply. Have a great day :)

5. Outcast
    RoyalDabbingFrog1691 / Jun 27 2022 11.34

Thank you for all your kinds words. Really means a lot you have taken up your time to reply. Have a great day :)

LonelyUniverse579 / Jun 28 2022 8.12

that’s okay, I’m glad to help, thank you i hope you have a great day too! :)

6. Loser
    RoyalDabbingFrog1691 / Jun 22 2022 11.05

Hello,

I hope everything is okay and joining the lovely weather we have at the moment how long is that going to last until we end up having terrible weather anyway let me get to the point.

I am thinking about joining the army. It's something that I have always been interested in doing since a young age and I admire all the veterans that fought for our country during WW1 and WW2. I have been in touch with the British Army regiment asking for more advice on what life will be like if I do join and they have been really helpful and provided me with some really useful pieces of information. I am just wondering if anyone else has thought about joining the army or could help me.

Thank you and I hope you understand what I am trying to say and I hope you enjoy the lovely weather.

stuck-in-combat7 / Jul 07 2022 23.26

Hello mate,

I’m not part of the army but have done a bunch of research into this. Previously, I considered joining up at 16 but now decided to wait until I finish university.

So at 16, you can join as a soldier. However, if you want more responsibility (and honestly speaking, better pay), you can join up as an officer if you finish A-Levels and/or university.

I personally am going down the uni route because it’s a known fact that you will have to retire at some point. If you join up at 16, you can retire at 40. While you can get qualifications whilst in the army, I would feel much safer retiring later on with a degree than without.

Secondly, do you want to learn? Are your problem-solving abilites decent? Do you want to be a leader? If so, apply to be an officer and train at Sandhurst.

Again, I’m not in the army but hope this helps. Good luck.

7. Loser
    stuck-in-combat7 / Jul 07 2022 23.26

Hello mate,

I’m not part of the army but have done a bunch of research into this. Previously, I considered joining up at 16 but now decided to wait until I finish university.

So at 16, you can join as a soldier. However, if you want more responsibility (and honestly speaking, better pay), you can join up as an officer if you finish A-Levels and/or university.

I personally am going down the uni route because it’s a known fact that you will have to retire at some point. If you join up at 16, you can retire at 40. While you can get qualifications whilst in the army, I would feel much safer retiring later on with a degree than without.

Secondly, do you want to learn? Are your problem-solving abilites decent? Do you want to be a leader? If so, apply to be an officer and train at Sandhurst.

Again, I’m not in the army but hope this helps. Good luck.

RoyalDabbingFrog1691 / Jul 15 2022 18.10

Thank you for taking the time to read and write a response back it is very much appreciated and if you do decide to join the army I wish you all the best and you never know but we might meet up one day on a training course or in battle. Hopefully not in battle but we will never know. We can't tell the future.

We didnt know we would have covid-19.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything