am i aromantic?

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    WarmGivingRaven4637 / Jun 11 2022 22.58

ive been in a relationship for around 3 months now at first i felt as if he gave me the ick when he kissed me or made any advances towards me, however i now think hes not the issue. i genuinely thought i liked this guy because he so nice. there are just so many things that irritate me and give me the ick, when he kisses me… i dont like it, he calls me pet names… i hate it. i now dread whenever i meet up with him, i feel anxious and sick to my stomach and find myself making excuses to go home early.

i think i might be aromantic because i have been in two other relationships in which i have felt no romantic feelings towards them. is this just poor judgement, or am i incapable of feeling any kind of love in a relationship?

2. Outcast
    KawaiilUwUUser / Jun 12 2022 15.24

Personally, (srry for bold font, otherwise can't read) I think you are aro if you feel no romantic attraction: Don't wanna kiss, be romantic or whatever. If you still have crushes you are a greyromantic or could be demiromantic if you have only felt romantic attraction to one person ever, or however being demi works (GO0GLE IT) being greyromantic would mean you still get crushes but don't want a romantic relationship, or the other way round, or only imagine having one but'd never want one IRL. Hope this has helped! Xxx Mark

3. Childline Avatar
    KawaiilUwUUser / Jun 12 2022 15.24

Personally, (srry for bold font, otherwise can't read) I think you are aro if you feel no romantic attraction: Don't wanna kiss, be romantic or whatever. If you still have crushes you are a greyromantic or could be demiromantic if you have only felt romantic attraction to one person ever, or however being demi works (GO0GLE IT) being greyromantic would mean you still get crushes but don't want a romantic relationship, or the other way round, or only imagine having one but'd never want one IRL. Hope this has helped! Xxx Mark

WarmGivingRaven4637 / Jun 30 2022 0.48

update!! i broke up with him two days after this post 😬

i dont know how he took it, he seemed to he very concerned and continued to contact me afterwards but i felt so guilty, i blocked him and his friends on everything.

i did research on being demiromantic and greyromantic and im leaning more towards greyromantic at the moment… i dont want to label it right now though. i do like the idea of being in a relationship but i dont think ive found the right person yet.

thank you so much for your advice!! 😁

4. Football
    Jakub- / Jul 01 2022 2.28

From what I have read, I think you've never really liked the guy in the first place. I'm a guy myself and if the girl I liked started calling me a pet name I would melt on the inside, doesn't matter how stupid or cringy the name maybe. I would also love if the girl I liked started showing me any kind of affection. So I just think that he's not the guy for you.

It might sound hard on the guy but I think it's a good thing in the long term that you've broken up with him as your feelings would've been unlikely to change to a way where you like him. I also think you should've broken up in the nicest way possible so that you didn't hurt too much and that he understands, it's important you tell him why. I think you just need to find a guy that suits your emotional needs and wants. So don't rush! You don't have romantic to someone if you don't want to. Who knows, you may even be a romantic but you just haven't found the right person yet.

I hope I've managed to help you and perhaps even understand your situation better :)

5. Graduate
    ThePixieSchool098 / Jul 01 2022 17.31

Hi,

What you did (By breaking up with him) was a good choice. I am not great with this sort of stuff but i think you did the right thing. Hope this helps. From Lyla :/ :)

6. Childline Avatar
    Jakub- / Jul 01 2022 2.28

From what I have read, I think you've never really liked the guy in the first place. I'm a guy myself and if the girl I liked started calling me a pet name I would melt on the inside, doesn't matter how stupid or cringy the name maybe. I would also love if the girl I liked started showing me any kind of affection. So I just think that he's not the guy for you.

It might sound hard on the guy but I think it's a good thing in the long term that you've broken up with him as your feelings would've been unlikely to change to a way where you like him. I also think you should've broken up in the nicest way possible so that you didn't hurt too much and that he understands, it's important you tell him why. I think you just need to find a guy that suits your emotional needs and wants. So don't rush! You don't have romantic to someone if you don't want to. Who knows, you may even be a romantic but you just haven't found the right person yet.

I hope I've managed to help you and perhaps even understand your situation better :)

WarmGivingRaven4637 / Aug 10 2022 12.16

thank you so much! i honestly think youre right! i think i liked the idea of having a boyfriend, however i dont think he was the right guy for me. a few months on i genuinely do want a relationship and i think because i didnt like this amazing guy.. i couldnt like anyone at all. i usually am an affectionate person i just felt that sometimes he put me on the spot. for example, our first kiss was in public with his friends chanting “kiss kiss kiss” and it was so awkward because i would have felt bad if i turned him down. its not that i didnt want to kiss him.. i would have preferred if it was in a different setting.

looking back, i definitely could have handled things better.. i thought i was being mature by ending things but the execution was anyhting but lol.

7. Childline Avatar
    ThePixieSchool098 / Jul 01 2022 17.31

Hi,

What you did (By breaking up with him) was a good choice. I am not great with this sort of stuff but i think you did the right thing. Hope this helps. From Lyla :/ :)

WarmGivingRaven4637 / Aug 10 2022 12.18

hi lyla! thank you so much!! youre right… it honestly was for the best <3

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything