Can't cope with death

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    ActiveSharingSwan6911 / May 24 2022 21.50

For a few weeks now, I've constanly had intrusive thoughts about death. The fact that I can't control my own body makes me anxious and worried. It doesn't matter what I'm doing: my brain keeps thinking that one day I'll die and won't be able to change that. This is keeping me up at night and I have exams so I'm finding it hard to study. Also, I'm at the point of thinking "why bother with working hard in life if it'll all end?". I'm trying my best to accept my fate but it seems impossible, since I overthink a lot. I should probably mention that I physically and mentally feel ill when I go to a cemetery.

2. Outcast
    LonelyUniverse579 / May 25 2022 8.59

hey i’m so sorry it’s been so tough for you lately, thinking about death can be really hard and it’s completely understandable you’re feeling this way, it’s so brave of you to talk about it here despite it all being so challenging. it can be really draining mentally and physically thinking that one day we will die and it’s understandable you feel like what’s the point if it all ends anyway? and this doesn’t invalidate how you feel, how you’re feeling and how it all affects you matters and you have every right to express it but as much as death really sucks it also kind of gives life meaning. knowing that it will end one day means this life doesn’t last forever, and who knows what happens afterwards but it makes it more meaningful, to make the most of the time we got, to live for now, to make memories meet people achieve goals even through all the loss and hate there’s love and hope and everything else in this world that we don’t know a whole lot about but still, every moment you’re here really makes a difference so much bigger and a whole lot more than you know, you being here is amazing and you have you’re whole life ahead of you places you’ve never been to things you’ll explore and discover experiences you haven’t yet experienced people in your life you haven’t even met yet, everything from the beginning of your life up until now was worth living and the future is also worth living for and the best way to predict it is to create it, so take it at your pace there’s no rush or pressure and know that it’s okay to say no it’s okay to not be okay it’s okay to feel however you feel and it’s okay to express that, even just holding on means a lot so you’re doing so much more than you realise already, no matter how dark or light it all gets you have the strength to live

3. Outcast

hope this helps and that it all gets so much easier for you soon as possible, please stay safe

4. Childline Avatar

hope this helps and that it all gets so much easier for you soon as possible, please stay safe

ActiveSharingSwan6911 / May 25 2022 10.10

thank you so much, I really appreciate this

5. Outcast
    ActiveSharingSwan6911 / May 25 2022 10.10

thank you so much, I really appreciate this

LonelyUniverse579 / May 26 2022 8.35

that’s okay, i’m really glad to have helped

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything