How do I approach him?

Show
  1. Top dog
    RushingRiver / May 10 2022 12.52

There’s a guy in my class who’s very friendly with everyone and just generally a good guy. He’s smart, kind, and decent looking, and I want to approach him in a more-than-friendly kinda way but I’m almost certain he won’t be interested.

He’s quite nice to me, more so than usual recently as we ended up next to each other in a lesson recently and he took the chance to say hi and we had a bit of a laugh. I hadn’t really spoken to him before that point.

He’s in most of my classes (science, maths, English, Spanish, geography, and business - the only one he’s not in is art!) and I’ll be in his group on a geography trip next month.

I’m a very shy girl and not a huge fan of approaching people as I’m autistic and socially awkward. I’m more comfortable texting people than approaching in person. I’d rather get to know him before letting him know that I’m interested because personally I think it’s more awkward to be rejected by someone I don’t really know - but at the same time, if I befriend him first, he’s less likely to be interested as he’ll just view me as a friend.

What do I do? Bearing in mind that I’m very shy and anxious, how could I approach him? He’s not that loud either, but much more so than me; he doesn’t seem shy.

2. Bookworm
    CoolHappyDog501 / May 16 2022 19.52

Hi

I think it might be better to befriend him first because it could make the conversation a little less awkward. I am also shy, but I think one way to tell him would maybe give him a note at lunch or break time saying either you like him or you could ask to chat sometime about the whole thing. Also talking to others helps. I told my friend about my crush and I felt so much better, plus she gave me some good advice. Good luck!

Hope this helps,

-R

3. Bookworm
    CoolHappyDog501 / May 16 2022 19.54

Also if he's nice to you more than usual, it could be a sign he likes you, or likes being around you.

4. Top dog
    CoolHappyDog501 / May 16 2022 19.52

Hi

I think it might be better to befriend him first because it could make the conversation a little less awkward. I am also shy, but I think one way to tell him would maybe give him a note at lunch or break time saying either you like him or you could ask to chat sometime about the whole thing. Also talking to others helps. I told my friend about my crush and I felt so much better, plus she gave me some good advice. Good luck!

Hope this helps,

-R

RushingRiver / May 16 2022 20.24

Hi :)

Thanks for your reply! I ended up just saying it and yeah it was awkward lol, it’s all good though. I think we’re both trying to just pretend it never happened 😅

~ Ash (they/them)

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything