Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    MusicalReadingLion2208 / Apr 17 2022 12.11

since the last time i've came on here my dysphoria when i get my period has been getting worse. i get really painful cramps to the point where i can barely get out of bed or go to the bathroom and most of the time i have very heavy flow. it makes me really frustrated and its upsetting because cis boys don't get periods

2. Prisoner
    MusicalReadingLion2208 / Apr 17 2022 12.11

since the last time i've came on here my dysphoria when i get my period has been getting worse. i get really painful cramps to the point where i can barely get out of bed or go to the bathroom and most of the time i have very heavy flow. it makes me really frustrated and its upsetting because cis boys don't get periods

ThatRickyTerrorShoeExtra / Apr 21 2022 20.21

i know how you feel, dysphoria is always so bad for me around my period, and it just makes me feel so isolated from other people, especially the boys. it's difficult, but i have found a few ways to cope: art is really relieving for me, and it helps for me to draw just how bad i feel and then to crumple it up and throw it out. another way is to surround myself with comforting things, like my favourite trans youtubers and lots of chocolate and fluffy blankets. taking painkillers helps ease my cramps and distracts me from my period, so if you have access to them, take them. i don't have a lot of gender-affirming clothes, but i take out my favourite baggy hoodie and sweatpants, and then i bury myself in my blankets. if it gets really bad, music like 'ancient dreams in a modern land' by marina reminds me that i am valid, and if i want to listen to something a bit sadder i think 'home' by cavetown (or 'this is home', there are different titles and idk why) is usually ok. just a final reminder, you are not alone, you are just as valid as anyone else, and things will get better. time will pass, and hopefully you will feel a bit better as it does. experiment with what makes you less dysphoric, and reach out again if you need help. sorry it's so long, i just wanted to give as much advice as i felt i could. - remus

3. Headphones
    ThatRickyTerrorShoeExtra / Apr 21 2022 20.21

i know how you feel, dysphoria is always so bad for me around my period, and it just makes me feel so isolated from other people, especially the boys. it's difficult, but i have found a few ways to cope: art is really relieving for me, and it helps for me to draw just how bad i feel and then to crumple it up and throw it out. another way is to surround myself with comforting things, like my favourite trans youtubers and lots of chocolate and fluffy blankets. taking painkillers helps ease my cramps and distracts me from my period, so if you have access to them, take them. i don't have a lot of gender-affirming clothes, but i take out my favourite baggy hoodie and sweatpants, and then i bury myself in my blankets. if it gets really bad, music like 'ancient dreams in a modern land' by marina reminds me that i am valid, and if i want to listen to something a bit sadder i think 'home' by cavetown (or 'this is home', there are different titles and idk why) is usually ok. just a final reminder, you are not alone, you are just as valid as anyone else, and things will get better. time will pass, and hopefully you will feel a bit better as it does. experiment with what makes you less dysphoric, and reach out again if you need help. sorry it's so long, i just wanted to give as much advice as i felt i could. - remus

JustANonBinaryTree / Jun 03 2022 8.53

i know im not the one who asked the question but this really helped my situation aswell so thank you.

i got my period this morning and i just hate it.

i dont even want children anyway.

ive had my period since i was 10 almost 2 years ago now and ive always hated them. my worst nightmare was when i had pe once and we were in the changing rooms and some of the "popular" girls started talking about them and that just made me die inside but i couldn’t show it becaue then people would stare at me.

i also get really bad stomach cramps when i have it. last time i threw up and im was in so much pain i started to just punch the table nearby.

definitely a good idea to get a hot water bottle, they REALLY help.

ive also had my chest growing since about 9 and my friend (who is now my enemy because she bullied me basically for a few years) yeah she would always go on about how i have them and ive juat always hated them. i just want them to go.

so again, thanks you

-Ash (they/them)

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything