Loved ones who have died

This content might introduce themes and ideas that may be confusing or shocking if you have not experienced them before.   

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Bereavement

Show
  1. Top dog
    PurpleDoggies1234 / Apr 14 2022 11.28

Dear all,

I have created this Thread to remember and think about all the people who have died. I am terrified of death. Lots of people i know have died. I cannot cope with death and it overwhelmes me. This is for anyone who feels the same way or any one who has got through and has some advice. You can also post memories of loved ones. Death brings great sadness and grief, it is hard to overcome and to speak about. This is the first time i have talked about my grief.

I miss:

I miss my grandpop, even though he died before i was born (my mum was still a teen). He died from cancer. I feel like it would of made my life, and my whole families easier and happier...

I miss my half-uncle. He died at 18 in a car crash - this was also before i was born. He was only 18! What a life he could have had...

I miss my Nana’s neighbour. He was kind and caring. I miss my Nana’s friend. I painted her face into a butterfly when i was six. She was really fun and joyful but cancer stole her from us…

I miss my two younger siblings- it was a miscarriage. We would have played so many games and had so much fun together...

I miss my Mum’s close friend. She was only 38 and really nice and lovely to everyone. She was a safe cyclist but a truck hit her and she died on impact last month. She had so many plans…

I am worried for when my dog dies, and when everyone dies… How will i cope?

My tips:

Dovote something or somewhere to their memory. For me whenever i see two heart shaped clouds next to each other i think of my siblings. Think about how they would want you to still be happy and enjoy life. Imagine them watching you from above (no matter your religion). Try to get on with life. Speak to them inside your head. Have them in your memory. Make them proud.

And remember to keep smiling,

:) :) :)

2. Artist
    ItsLeviOsanotLeviosA / Apr 15 2022 20.04

this thread is an amazing idea

death used to scare me so much as well

i also understand what you mean about missing people who passed before you were born. My cousin died when I was 2 so I dont have an emotional connection but I know we would have been so close and thats why I miss him

i think its really brave to speak about your grief and has inspired me to do so as well :)

I lost my best friend to suicide almost a year ago and it broke me. Ive never experienced anything like it before. It felt like time stopped for 3 months, I just couldnt stop crying and couldnt get my head around it all. (writing this now doesnt feel real despite it being a year since he died) His funeral was beautiful but also quite traumatising- I have never cried that hard before. His death caused me so much agony and heartache but it changed my view on the world. I am so much more passionate about mental health and continuing his legacy of helping people.

my advice for anyone grieving

- keep a notebook to just scribble down memories as they come to you because as time goes on you forget

- keep a diary of your feelings each day (as often as you can) its nice to look back and see how far youve come

- talk about it with family/friends/teachers/anyone

- theres no 'right' way to deal with this so what works for one person may not work for you

if someone you know is grieving

- validate their feelings

- small things for example, my friend bought me a chocolate bar with a nice note

- hugs when they need one

i'm so so sorry if youre grieving right now, I know how horrible it is but I believe in you and know that you can manage this ♡

3. Top dog
    PurpleDoggies1234 / Apr 16 2022 9.08

Hi again,

I am so sorry about your friend and cousin.

As I said in the first post, my grandpop and half-uncle died before I was born. I want to know more about them but I am afraid of asking and making people upset. All I know about them is what I said before and that my Grandpop’s birthday is April 2nd. His grave is near my Nana’s house and in her house there’s his special chair that we can use. I don’t know how to ask about them. I don’t want anyone to be upset. Nobody really talks about the dead in my family. Does anyone know how to ask?

Bye,

:)

4. Artist
    PurpleDoggies1234 / Apr 16 2022 9.08

Hi again,

I am so sorry about your friend and cousin.

As I said in the first post, my grandpop and half-uncle died before I was born. I want to know more about them but I am afraid of asking and making people upset. All I know about them is what I said before and that my Grandpop’s birthday is April 2nd. His grave is near my Nana’s house and in her house there’s his special chair that we can use. I don’t know how to ask about them. I don’t want anyone to be upset. Nobody really talks about the dead in my family. Does anyone know how to ask?

Bye,

ItsLeviOsanotLeviosA / Apr 16 2022 23.15

i know a lot of people like talking about their loved ones who have passed as it keeps the memory alive and they could appreciate the fact that you actually want to know and theyre not just telling you about them. (thats most not all people)

you could explain that you've been thinking of them recently and would like to know more and reiterate that your family members can do it in their own time/when they're ready.

i hope you find out what you want to know :)

5. Top dog
    PurpleDoggies1234 / Apr 17 2022 8.35

Well, the feelings of missing loved ones came back to me because last week i visited my great-grandpop’s grave and my great-Nana, my great-aunt and great-uncle and some lovely other people - with complicated relation names to me - graves. Bless their wonderful souls!

I have not meet these people even though my great-aunt died just before covid (except for my great-grandpop who was like a grandpop to me as my grandpop died before. I kind of feel special to him as he never met my sister as he died just before she was going to. be born). But my family was affected.

I didn’t put them in my first post as it couldn’t fit and otherwise i would have put the whole family in. I still love them and miss them though.

I learnt a bit more about my Nana’s young life, so learning a tiny bit about her mum and dad, Great-Grandpop and Great-Nana. So that was fun! My Nana had wet eyes and so did I so i didn’t ask all i wanted too. Maybe, it was because we were near their graves that the memory was worse. I am going to ask her about them (where they lived, where they worked ect.) I think ItsLeviOsanotLeviosA is right and that my family might be willing to share and want to share stories.

Wish me luck,

6. Butterfly
    LivelyHopingZebra4661 / Apr 17 2022 21.25

Im sorry for you. Death is so sad I dont like it.

I lost my mummy. I dont remember when or how but I remember her being so special and lovely I miss her lots

7. Top dog
    LivelyHopingZebra4661 / Apr 17 2022 21.25

Im sorry for you. Death is so sad I dont like it.

I lost my mummy. I dont remember when or how but I remember her being so special and lovely I miss her lots

PurpleDoggies1234 / Apr 18 2022 9.39

I am really sorry, this must be so hard for you.

Keep smiling,

8. Artist
    PurpleDoggies1234 / Apr 17 2022 8.35

Well, the feelings of missing loved ones came back to me because last week i visited my great-grandpop’s grave and my great-Nana, my great-aunt and great-uncle and some lovely other people - with complicated relation names to me - graves. Bless their wonderful souls!

I have not meet these people even though my great-aunt died just before covid (except for my great-grandpop who was like a grandpop to me as my grandpop died before. I kind of feel special to him as he never met my sister as he died just before she was going to. be born). But my family was affected.

I didn’t put them in my first post as it couldn’t fit and otherwise i would have put the whole family in. I still love them and miss them though.

I learnt a bit more about my Nana’s young life, so learning a tiny bit about her mum and dad, Great-Grandpop and Great-Nana. So that was fun! My Nana had wet eyes and so did I so i didn’t ask all i wanted too. Maybe, it was because we were near their graves that the memory was worse. I am going to ask her about them (where they lived, where they worked ect.) I think ItsLeviOsanotLeviosA is right and that my family might be willing to share and want to share stories.

Wish me luck,

ItsLeviOsanotLeviosA / Apr 24 2022 22.26

i hope it goes well!

9. Wallflower
    PurpleDoggies1234 / Apr 14 2022 11.28

Dear all,

I have created this Thread to remember and think about all the people who have died. I am terrified of death. Lots of people i know have died. I cannot cope with death and it overwhelmes me. This is for anyone who feels the same way or any one who has got through and has some advice. You can also post memories of loved ones. Death brings great sadness and grief, it is hard to overcome and to speak about. This is the first time i have talked about my grief.

I miss:

I miss my grandpop, even though he died before i was born (my mum was still a teen). He died from cancer. I feel like it would of made my life, and my whole families easier and happier...

I miss my half-uncle. He died at 18 in a car crash - this was also before i was born. He was only 18! What a life he could have had...

I miss my Nana’s neighbour. He was kind and caring. I miss my Nana’s friend. I painted her face into a butterfly when i was six. She was really fun and joyful but cancer stole her from us…

I miss my two younger siblings- it was a miscarriage. We would have played so many games and had so much fun together...

I miss my Mum’s close friend. She was only 38 and really nice and lovely to everyone. She was a safe cyclist but a truck hit her and she died on impact last month. She had so many plans…

I am worried for when my dog dies, and when everyone dies… How will i cope?

My tips:

Dovote something or somewhere to their memory. For me whenever i see two heart shaped clouds next to each other i think of my siblings. Think about how they would want you to still be happy and enjoy life. Imagine them watching you from above (no matter your religion). Try to get on with life. Speak to them inside your head. Have them in your memory. Make them proud.

And remember to keep smiling,

:) :) :)

Ebony-Eloise / Apr 25 2022 18.01

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to create this thread.

I want to say how much i miss my Aunt, dad, cousin, classmate/friend and baby sister. I will not write much as the memories hurt but i feel i need to share.

Dad: Dad died before i was born, from a stroke. I have lots of photos of him. I wish i could see him for real though.

Sister called Joy: Joy was a weakling from the moment she was born (five years ago) and mum and step-dad feared for her life. So did the nurses. We got to take her home but she died at 3 weeks. My step-dad has since had quite bad depression but is coming out.

classmate/friend: i was friendly towards this girl in my class. then she moved away and the school got a letter from her grandma to say that she died from a fever. This was in year 4.

My cousin and Aunt: Karl was my cousin and Bethany was my Aunt. Karl had moved of to Canada when i was 3 so i wasn’t close with him. However, his mum - Aunt Bethany - was like a mother to me. She had so much joy and energy. My favourite memory of her is of me, her and my mum snuggled close watching a movie and eating buns. Two days ago my Aunt and Karl were driving from the airport, Karl had flown from Canada, and were involved in a crash. Aunt Bethany was not the best driver but still! They died instantly.

My tips:

Death is really hard. I have struggled all my childhood with it. Why???? I constantly think. Why die. I think we just have to gulp and accept it. Have a good cry, speak to someone. Think of the good memories but you need to move on. I know it is really difficult but hey-hoo. Laugh through the tears. Hug yourself and breathe. never think it is your fault. you can and will get through this. be strong but it is ok to cry. talk it out.

Ebony-Eloise🥲

👋🏻👋�🥲�🥲

10. Childline Avatar
    BusyWalkingLynx3929 / May 03 2022 19.50

My brother died. I am so scared of death now.

11. Top dog
    BusyWalkingLynx3929 / May 03 2022 19.50

My brother died. I am so scared of death now.

PurpleDoggies1234 / May 04 2022 18.35

i am so sorry!

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything