Apricot Smoothies

Show
  1. Sheep
    ThePenSystem / Apr 06 2022 22.52

Hii! This is my poem! I would really appreciate anyone's first thoughts about what the poem was about or what it meant to them when they first read it in the replies if anyone is down to do that?

(no pressure at all, you can just read if you want!)

Thanks! Enjoy My Poem ❤️

Apricot Smoothies

Sometimes

The weight is comforting

Like an anchor held

to your chest

by flowering vines

Sometimes

The ocean speaks to me

And it says I'll

Hug you close

Until you're mine

Sometimes

The trees they sway on beat

To the rhythm

of the banjo

Playing a rhyme

About going back in time

Sometimes I wish I could bring us

Back to when we met

When apricot flowers grew from trees

And so the plan was set

Now we drink smoothies carefully made

From the apricots we kept

And we'll weave baskets with the bark

From the dead tree that we left

We'll leave our basket underneath

Our leftovers and let

All the future babies lie

In our basket as a bed

2. Outcast
    LonelyUniverse579 / Apr 07 2022 8.02

hey, this is a really good poem, here’s my interpretation of it…

i get the impression its a calm atmosphere from an objective point of view; trees swaying, the sea, apricots, smoothies and the basket, sort of set the scene for something positive, like a picnic

but looking for the metaphors in this, the anchor in your chest almost comforting, the swaying trees playing to a beat, about going back in time, the sea speaking to you as if its luring you into its depths, is this a good thing or a possibly bad thing like being manipulated into something dangerous thinking it wont be too bad? “ill hug you close, until youre mine”

then later on, “sometimes i wish i could bring us back to when we met, when apricot flowers grew from trees” this suggests the person is missing someone or a particular moment from their past where things were much simpler better or more bearable, as they talk about certain parts in past tense and most of whats in present tense seems to describe the scenery calling to them, perhaps representing being in a place (or revisiting a place after some time) that brings back memories, reminiscing

“now we drink smoothies carefully made from the apricots we kept and we'll weave baskets with the bark from the dead tree that we left” could represent past mistakes/regrets, making up for it or being ’careful’ now. or could mean living for now/just being present in the moment with these memories, acceptance

last stanza could mean moving on from the past, planting new flowers for the future, for new hope

“sometimes” is mentioned at the start of almost every stanza, this could mean these moments of calling/sad/reminiscence arent constant but when they do occur theyre strong and meaningful

overall this poem is like the tip of an iceberg, it could have so many meanings

3. Sheep
    LonelyUniverse579 / Apr 07 2022 8.02

hey, this is a really good poem, here’s my interpretation of it…

i get the impression its a calm atmosphere from an objective point of view; trees swaying, the sea, apricots, smoothies and the basket, sort of set the scene for something positive, like a picnic

but looking for the metaphors in this, the anchor in your chest almost comforting, the swaying trees playing to a beat, about going back in time, the sea speaking to you as if its luring you into its depths, is this a good thing or a possibly bad thing like being manipulated into something dangerous thinking it wont be too bad? “ill hug you close, until youre mine”

then later on, “sometimes i wish i could bring us back to when we met, when apricot flowers grew from trees” this suggests the person is missing someone or a particular moment from their past where things were much simpler better or more bearable, as they talk about certain parts in past tense and most of whats in present tense seems to describe the scenery calling to them, perhaps representing being in a place (or revisiting a place after some time) that brings back memories, reminiscing

“now we drink smoothies carefully made from the apricots we kept and we'll weave baskets with the bark from the dead tree that we left” could represent past mistakes/regrets, making up for it or being ’careful’ now. or could mean living for now/just being present in the moment with these memories, acceptance

last stanza could mean moving on from the past, planting new flowers for the future, for new hope

“sometimes” is mentioned at the start of almost every stanza, this could mean these moments of calling/sad/reminiscence arent constant but when they do occur theyre strong and meaningful

overall this poem is like the tip of an iceberg, it could have so many meanings

ThePenSystem / Apr 08 2022 0.08

wow youre really good at poem analysis! I love your interpretation and honestly i think youd be great at english literature a level/gcse depending on how old you are (or both who knows)

i wrote the poem with two meanings in mind, one about a manipulative relationship experience and using my knowledge to help others in the same situation, and one abiut climate change and humans laying down the remains of their dead planet which they held onto for so long, allowing for future species and eventually allowing ourselves to die out.

both meanings however, explore clinging on to something and seeing the good in things that will inevitably cause you harm.

i honestly really appreciate your contribution, thank you so much. its amazing to see how my writing can affect people in my exact intended way, but also the complete opposite it some situations. ❤️

4. Outcast
    ThePenSystem / Apr 08 2022 0.08

wow youre really good at poem analysis! I love your interpretation and honestly i think youd be great at english literature a level/gcse depending on how old you are (or both who knows)

i wrote the poem with two meanings in mind, one about a manipulative relationship experience and using my knowledge to help others in the same situation, and one abiut climate change and humans laying down the remains of their dead planet which they held onto for so long, allowing for future species and eventually allowing ourselves to die out.

both meanings however, explore clinging on to something and seeing the good in things that will inevitably cause you harm.

i honestly really appreciate your contribution, thank you so much. its amazing to see how my writing can affect people in my exact intended way, but also the complete opposite it some situations. ❤️

LonelyUniverse579 / Apr 09 2022 8.01

thank you! im really glad you like it, analysing the poem was actually quite interesting, you wrote it really well

wow, i can see those meanings in the poem now, thats really thought provoking and very relatable in different ways. its cool when a piece of art (poetry/stories/music etc) is written so well with metaphors, so it clearly has a deeper meaning but its hidden beneath layers of other meanings that could also be explored, like a riddle, so rather than one obvious meaning its more open to different interpretations, which i find more interesting

youre welcome, thank you for posting your poem it really is genuinely good and was nice to read. yeah your writing is so expressive, its art

i hope youre alright and having a good day/night ❤️

5. Flying
    SwanWithAnUmbrella / Apr 15 2022 22.18

this is an amazing poem! reading it made me strangely(in a good way!) relaxed.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything