does this count as grooming?

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Online Safety & Cyber Bullying

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    CuriousSharingRaven2242 / Apr 01 2022 23.09

hi there. im a 14 yo girl from Wales and currently in the waiting room at the moment but thats beside my point. i have been friends with this boy called brennan. he lives in a different country compared to me and lately he hasn’t been acting like a friend. He soon asked me after a while of being friends if i m**turbated. i told him what type of question it was and he said a question he wanted the answer to i told him yes because its something i do. he shrugged it off and after a few days he asked me if i sent n*des. i told him i didnt it once when i was 12 but it was a naked picture. he told me if he could get one and i said no.

he wouldn’t leave it alone? he kept asking and asking until soon enough i sent him one with me in shorts and a bra. he told me i was beautiful. he kept asking for more and would guilt trip me with things like “do for me.” “i will be upset if you don’t” or “did i do something wrong?“ ive sent him a few now and everytime i told him no he would get frustrated with me. be would also tell me to stop talking to some of my friends because he found them annoying. he acts so different with other people when talking to me as well. im scared and i don’t know what to do.

i can’t tell my mother. and i dont want him to get into trouble because he seems nice but im really not sure.

2. Headphones
    CuriousSharingRaven2242 / Apr 01 2022 23.09

hi there. im a 14 yo girl from Wales and currently in the waiting room at the moment but thats beside my point. i have been friends with this boy called brennan. he lives in a different country compared to me and lately he hasn’t been acting like a friend. He soon asked me after a while of being friends if i m**turbated. i told him what type of question it was and he said a question he wanted the answer to i told him yes because its something i do. he shrugged it off and after a few days he asked me if i sent n*des. i told him i didnt it once when i was 12 but it was a naked picture. he told me if he could get one and i said no.

he wouldn’t leave it alone? he kept asking and asking until soon enough i sent him one with me in shorts and a bra. he told me i was beautiful. he kept asking for more and would guilt trip me with things like “do for me.” “i will be upset if you don’t” or “did i do something wrong?“ ive sent him a few now and everytime i told him no he would get frustrated with me. be would also tell me to stop talking to some of my friends because he found them annoying. he acts so different with other people when talking to me as well. im scared and i don’t know what to do.

i can’t tell my mother. and i dont want him to get into trouble because he seems nice but im really not sure.

Ashleigh-xxx / Apr 02 2022 11.57

Hi, I'm Ashleigh

Look, I know this probably isn't what you wanna hear, but yes, this does sound like grooming. He might seem really nice and might make you feel really special, but that's only because he's tryna gain your trust, so you'll send him more nudes. What he's doing is not okay, and this is not your fault, so don't blame yourself. I know you might find it hard to say no to him, which is understandable, but please remember that this could be dangerous, and it's horrible that he's doing this to you. If you need someone to talk to about it, but can't tell your mum, then remember Childline is always here, you can email them or call them. You're not alone! I'm really sorry you're going through this, I know it's hard, and you don't wanna get him in trouble cause you think he's really nice, but that could just be an act, and he could be very dangerous, so if you can find it in you, please do tell someone, you shouldn't have to go through this alone. I'm always here for you too 💕 I hope you're okay.

-Ash (she/her) ❤❤❤❤

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything