Sexually Harassed at 13

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Sexual Abuse

Show
  1. Headphones
    Night-light-s / Mar 21 2022 19.09

I reported what happened twice. The first the month it happened and the second the next school year, about six months later. This was two years ago, the boy who did it is in my English lessons and more. The teacher who was present didn't realise or chose not to realise what was going on in the middle of the classroom. He touched up my best friend a few times and still tries to talk to me. Over the years, that one incident, in which he was only isolated for a week and the teacher fired for other reasons, has changed into a constant paranoia of males. My teachers, my fellow students, my dad at a point, my older brother and even my nephews for a period. I am so uncomfortable with guys that I won't talk about my problems to them, and I won't look a guy I don't trust in the eye at all, not the face or even direction in some cases. My ex and guy best friend, I still can't thoroughly think right if he'd do something like that or not.

For clarity, I'm a fifteen-year-old autistic suicidal, depressed, anxious girl. My attendance is at 13.5%, and my parents will soon be fined. I've had to grow up and say stuff isn't right, but I am still a child; I am still fearful. I seem lazy, and taking advantage of my "freedom" being told to "just get on and do it" or "just go in" doesn't help. Nothing helps, and I've been fighting a battle since I started primary school. I hurt myself, I want to hurt myself worse, but I can't; I have responsibilities as an aunt and a daughter. As a best friend. Any advice? I'm lost and confused and afraid of everything. Please can anyone help?

2. Contemplator

I reported what happened twice. The first the month it happened and the second the next school year, about six months later. This was two years ago, the boy who did it is in my English lessons and more. The teacher who was present didn't realise or chose not to realise what was going on in the middle of the classroom. He touched up my best friend a few times and still tries to talk to me. Over the years, that one incident, in which he was only isolated for a week and the teacher fired for other reasons, has changed into a constant paranoia of males. My teachers, my fellow students, my dad at a point, my older brother and even my nephews for a period. I am so uncomfortable with guys that I won't talk about my problems to them, and I won't look a guy I don't trust in the eye at all, not the face or even direction in some cases. My ex and guy best friend, I still can't thoroughly think right if he'd do something like that or not.

For clarity, I'm a fifteen-year-old autistic suicidal, depressed, anxious girl. My attendance is at 13.5%, and my parents will soon be fined. I've had to grow up and say stuff isn't right, but I am still a child; I am still fearful. I seem lazy, and taking advantage of my "freedom" being told to "just get on and do it" or "just go in" doesn't help. Nothing helps, and I've been fighting a battle since I started primary school. I hurt myself, I want to hurt myself worse, but I can't; I have responsibilities as an aunt and a daughter. As a best friend. Any advice? I'm lost and confused and afraid of everything. Please can anyone help?

Flying-Lion / Mar 24 2022 16.22

I’m sorry for what you have experienced. You can always talk to Childline over the phone (0800 1111). They might get a bit busy sometimes but you eventually get there.

A fit body, a calm mind, a house full of love. These things cannot be bought – they must be earned. - Naval Ravikant

3. Childline Avatar

PowerfulJoggingGoat3119 / Apr 20 2022 21.40

i understand how you’re feeling. and i know that no one can think their experience can match, and mine probably cannot, in truth, but i am a 13-year-old girl, turning 14, who has been sexually harassed since i was 8, was suicidal, and committed self harm from ages 11 to a few months prior. yesterday my best friend sexually harassed me, agressively trying to force me to send full-body nudes. in exchange for his friendship. i denied for hours, and he was freaking me out - he is often violent and extremely protective of his friends, but that was the first time i thought he could be violent with me. i was honestly terrified. im afraid to report it, because if kids find out theyll call me a wh*re or a slut, and i dont want my parents to be disappointed in me.

4. Headphones
    PowerfulJoggingGoat3119 / Apr 20 2022 21.40

i understand how you’re feeling. and i know that no one can think their experience can match, and mine probably cannot, in truth, but i am a 13-year-old girl, turning 14, who has been sexually harassed since i was 8, was suicidal, and committed self harm from ages 11 to a few months prior. yesterday my best friend sexually harassed me, agressively trying to force me to send full-body nudes. in exchange for his friendship. i denied for hours, and he was freaking me out - he is often violent and extremely protective of his friends, but that was the first time i thought he could be violent with me. i was honestly terrified. im afraid to report it, because if kids find out theyll call me a wh*re or a slut, and i dont want my parents to be disappointed in me.

Night-light-s / Jun 01 2022 23.04

explain this to someone. i told my parents and yes they were a little disappointed and shocked but i told them and they helped me through it. what you need to do is tell the police this, it will be scary and telling someone you dont know will be the hardest thing to do. tell an adult in your life who you trust. tell them the whole story. then say yo call the police. they will get those photos removed off of any place there is that that person has it on. tell them every concern and tell them every last detail. this was never your choice, you did not give them consent. it is not your fault, you are a victim and a survivor. what happens after this is going to make you stronger and they are not there forever. you will not be around them forever. outside of school they will mean as much as you want them to mean. it is a choice. them forcing you and violating you is never a choice you make, it is the indecency of evil individuals. dont be discouraged, you can do this. i believe in you to make it through this. i believe in you. getting past the fear will help you, you are strong and even in your weakest hour you shall get up. nothing is forever, one low may lead to another but at some point it will get better. this stage will be a memory one day. you must decide how it continues.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything