My treatment in school football as a female

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Your Future

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    GoldenSkatingSwan1604 / Jan 21 2022 18.41

In my school our headteacher goes on about how football is a lovely school sport that is equal to everyone and things like that but he is blind. He is blind to the disgusting behaviour of the boys in my school. They use us as an excuse for getting a penalty. Let me explain with an example. This boy in my year acted 2 and yelled at me, " PENALTY PENALTY PENALTY IT'S OUR PENALTY!" once I got a touch of the ball [on my feet obviously] and when I got reasonably annoyed he got defensive and angry for some reason. The other disgusting behaviour is something that they are probably not aware of even though they would be like 10 to 11 is that grabbing a girl's chest when she is going through puberty is NOT OK AND IS DISGUSTING AND IS A HORRIBLE, SHAMEFUL CRIME! The school has just not taught them that unless they are monsters. They never pass to me or any other girl that plays as well which the headmaster also seems to be blind to. Their approach to girls is that they should never be treated equally which is an example of pure MISOGINY and another example is when they call me and my friends, and I quote," Useless!" "Why do we have to deal with stupid girls!" and there are many other prime examples if you just go to many public or private British, mixed school. I am here to say that we should not use the term BOYS WILL BE BOYS to excuse disgusting manners and behaviours.

2. Childline Avatar
    GoldenSkatingSwan1604 / Jan 22 2022 18.44

I forgot to mention the part about my future[ well not forget] because it upsets me deeply and sorry if you have experienced the same as me. I formally apologise about this being under the wrong catagory aswell. Sorry!

3. Childline Avatar
    TiredMarchingRhino3102 / May 20 2022 21.03

This is disgusting. I am a boy and would never dream of doing anything like that. I play with girls all the time. Feel for you. Girls are just as good as boys. Agree with the puberty thing as well

4. Nose dive
    GoldenSkatingSwan1604 / Jan 21 2022 18.41

In my school our headteacher goes on about how football is a lovely school sport that is equal to everyone and things like that but he is blind. He is blind to the disgusting behaviour of the boys in my school. They use us as an excuse for getting a penalty. Let me explain with an example. This boy in my year acted 2 and yelled at me, " PENALTY PENALTY PENALTY IT'S OUR PENALTY!" once I got a touch of the ball [on my feet obviously] and when I got reasonably annoyed he got defensive and angry for some reason. The other disgusting behaviour is something that they are probably not aware of even though they would be like 10 to 11 is that grabbing a girl's chest when she is going through puberty is NOT OK AND IS DISGUSTING AND IS A HORRIBLE, SHAMEFUL CRIME! The school has just not taught them that unless they are monsters. They never pass to me or any other girl that plays as well which the headmaster also seems to be blind to. Their approach to girls is that they should never be treated equally which is an example of pure MISOGINY and another example is when they call me and my friends, and I quote," Useless!" "Why do we have to deal with stupid girls!" and there are many other prime examples if you just go to many public or private British, mixed school. I am here to say that we should not use the term BOYS WILL BE BOYS to excuse disgusting manners and behaviours.

stationery-girl-emma / Jun 02 2022 9.59

hi i get where youre coming from i love football but got really put off it in yr5 because my school only sent out football club letters to the boys as “girls arent really into that sort of thing” so um yeah i go to an all girls school now but its nice to know that theres someone out there who thinks the same as i do and stuff

byee emma,13

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything