Struggles

Show
  1. Athlete
    Boosaroo / Jan 19 2022 18.40

Hi, I’m Emily and I’m 12. I was sexually abused 2 years ago ( between ages 8-10 ). It is coming up to my disclosure aniversary. I’be found myself being more sad, angry and have been crying a lot. I am finding everything really hard and I cannot focus. Also, my sleep has been really bad and last night I couldn’t sleep til 3 am. I honestly need help. My counciller says it’s normal but I don’t feel normal. I would love it if anyone had any advice on coping.

Thank you.

2. Childline Avatar
    SuperLookingEagle6091 / Jan 20 2022 17.23

I'm really sorry that happened to you ,are u ok?

3. Contemplator
    Boosaroo / Jan 19 2022 18.40

Hi, I’m Emily and I’m 12. I was sexually abused 2 years ago ( between ages 8-10 ). It is coming up to my disclosure aniversary. I’be found myself being more sad, angry and have been crying a lot. I am finding everything really hard and I cannot focus. Also, my sleep has been really bad and last night I couldn’t sleep til 3 am. I honestly need help. My counciller says it’s normal but I don’t feel normal. I would love it if anyone had any advice on coping.

Thank you.

Flying-Lion / Jan 23 2022 17.10

Hello there Emily,

These feelings are natural to have after you realise that you have been sexually abused and taken advantage of.

You can talk to your counciller more and after that, you can talk to other people you trust about it as well.

Best wishes,

Flying-Lion

We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. - Martin Luther King Jr

4. Childline Avatar
    Livvygagga3254 / Jan 29 2022 16.14

this has happened to me beffore and. Yes i agree, it is hard. when this happened to me i : calmed myself down, listened to my favrouite songs at home and told my parents.

soon after it all slowly brushed of my shoulders and felt like a crushing waight had suddenly disappeared. sorry if this didnt help. its all i can think to say.

5. Heart
    RoyalReadingLlama4431 / Jan 31 2022 17.16

Hello, I'm sorry that you feel this way, are you okay?

It is normal to feel like this after being sexually abused, but if these feelings continue, I would suggest that you speak to your GP or councellor as you may be depressed. Just remember that people love you and care about you, you are brave and you're doing great. If you ever need to talk, someone will listen.

G

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything