should i have told someone

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Sexual Abuse

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    MistyDabbingKoala4432 / Jan 14 2022 20.00

i was sexually assaulted on multiple occassions by the same person, i feel sick thinking about it and feel disgusted by myself. i reached out to someone in my school and they spoke to the boy about it however literally nothing has changed or made a difference. now i dont know if speaking out was the wrong thing as its not helped matters at all and hasnt changed a single thing, his actions are still the same and he walks around school like hes something great! seeing his face makes me angry and makes me hate myself to the extreme.

2. Butterfly
    LivelyHopingZebra4661 / Jan 15 2022 6.42

Hi I'm really sorry this has happened to you. Nobody should have to go through that or experience the feelings your now feeling because of it. Firstly you've done nothing wrong at all so please be kind to yourself. Don't let someone else's horrible actions make you hate yourself because you deserve love and happiness. I'm sorry the person you told hasn't really helped. It's great you were able to tell someone though. This happened to me in December with a boy and girl at school and I've never told anyone, wish I could but I can't. But you have and that's fab. Well done. It might be worth telling a trusted adult someone you really trust, maybe a fave teacher or your mum and dad. Someone who will get this sorted for you because was what happened was wrong and the boy needs to answer to it.

But please be kind to yourself. This wasn't your fault.

And do talk about it because otherwise your feelings will get worse and we don't want that to happen.

hugs xx

3. Childline Avatar
    MistyDabbingKoala4432 / Jan 15 2022 10.52

thank you for your kind words! im so sorry that you eent throught this situation too, you definitely dont deserve that at all!! Speaking up is t easy and like i said i didnt end uo getting what i needed out of it however that doesnt mean you wouldnt!

Sending you so much love and im so sorry about what youve been through! always remember if theres a rime in a few years that yiu feel ready to speak out then you can, its never too late!!

im so so proud if you! 💕

4. Childline Avatar
    MistyDabbingKoala4432 / Jan 14 2022 20.00

i was sexually assaulted on multiple occassions by the same person, i feel sick thinking about it and feel disgusted by myself. i reached out to someone in my school and they spoke to the boy about it however literally nothing has changed or made a difference. now i dont know if speaking out was the wrong thing as its not helped matters at all and hasnt changed a single thing, his actions are still the same and he walks around school like hes something great! seeing his face makes me angry and makes me hate myself to the extreme.

ArtisticLookingRaven6571 / Feb 09 2022 21.25

Im so sorry I undersand how horrid it feels to be a victim of sexual assult. I recommend using thw childline 1-2-1 chat feature. I would look up self defense tips if I were you. I hope it improves!

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything