Should I be over it by now?

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Temporary40215371 / Jan 04 2022 3.58

hello all

i dated a boy a year older than me from ages 11-13 and he would consistently get me to do sexual things i was open about being uncomfortable with, either through manipulating me, or just forcing himself on me without consent

thankfully the relationship ended about 9 months ago and after explaining what happened to some close friends as well as my brother they told me i was sexually assulted

i always knew i wasnt comfortable with it before but i hadnt realsied what was actually happening (perhaps because i was too young?)

he also flashed and sent images to me as well as making me send images to him

its been about two years since this started happening and ive thought about it and how sick it makes me feel every day without fail

im not in love with the guy anymore, which is good, but i dont know if it makes me feel worse about the situation or better

i want to report him for what he did but have no solid proof of it happening although im still actively trying to find some

i just find myself always feeling sad about it, and i would talk to my close friends about it but after a certain point i didnt want them to feel like i was treating them like therapists so i stopped talking to them

am i broken or something? people around me always manage to move on from their issues but i havent stopped feeling horrible about mine

i still have to see him every day at school, which makes it even worse

i just dont know what to do anymore

2. Contemplator

hello all

i dated a boy a year older than me from ages 11-13 and he would consistently get me to do sexual things i was open about being uncomfortable with, either through manipulating me, or just forcing himself on me without consent

thankfully the relationship ended about 9 months ago and after explaining what happened to some close friends as well as my brother they told me i was sexually assulted

i always knew i wasnt comfortable with it before but i hadnt realsied what was actually happening (perhaps because i was too young?)

its been about two years since this started happening and ive thought about it and how sick it makes me feel every day without fail

im not in love with the guy anymore, which is good, but i dont know if it makes me feel worse about the situation or better

i want to report him for what he did but have no solid proof of it happening although im still actively trying to find some

i just find myself always feeling sad about it, and i would talk to my close friends about it but after a certain point i didnt want them to feel like i was treating them like therapists so i stopped talking to them

am i broken or something? people around me always manage to move on from their issues but i havent stopped feeling horrible about mine

Flying-Lion / Jan 09 2022 17.35

Hello there,

Your feeling are perfectly normal and natural. Iā€™m sorry for what happened to you .You can always talk to someone you truat about it and receive support on Childline.

Just remember that it is not your fault.

3. Sheep

hello all

UnderwaterChameleon / Jan 11 2022 18.20

Hi. This sounds so horrible and it's awful that that happened you. it's up to you obviously, but you may still want to go to the police as they may be able to find 'evidence' although you may not wish to do this. Although it will be ahrd to you could also go to a trusted adult like a teacher or parent. Do you still have the screenshots he sent to you or the ones you sent to him? If he was pressuring you into sending him those that counts as proof I believe, as having nude photos of a minor on your device is illegal, even if they have 'consented'(I'm not sure on the law so this isn't sound legal advice)

It's absolutely okay that you're still feeling horrible about what happened to you - sexual assault is a lasting traumatic experience, especially since it happened to you multiple times.

Is this boy older than you? If that's case than that's a crime as well.

Good luck šŸ˜Š

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything