Sexual assault - help me understand!

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Sexual Abuse

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    TalentedFlyingOtter5731 / Dec 31 2021 0.22

hi,

i am writing here for some advice plea….a few months ago i was in a situation where i had been drinking and soon became signifcantly intoxicated. i dont rememeber the evening from around 9pm i would say as my memory goes blank from there untill i wake up. i am not sure if this is to do with my medication i am on for anxiety or the amount of drink.

i woke up with a “friend” in my bed and apparently we slept together however i dont recall this and it is really causing me to feel agitated and anxious. i dont remember consenting but i dont know as i must have done at some point to be in that postion. i still feel ill thinking about it to this day, i havent seen the friend since and i have avoided social event where he and his friends would be at, i dont feel comfortable but then i dont know if i am valid in having these feelings?

2. Sheep
    TalentedFlyingOtter5731 / Dec 31 2021 0.22

hi,

i am writing here for some advice plea….a few months ago i was in a situation where i had been drinking and soon became signifcantly intoxicated. i dont rememeber the evening from around 9pm i would say as my memory goes blank from there untill i wake up. i am not sure if this is to do with my medication i am on for anxiety or the amount of drink.

i woke up with a “friend” in my bed and apparently we slept together however i dont recall this and it is really causing me to feel agitated and anxious. i dont remember consenting but i dont know as i must have done at some point to be in that postion. i still feel ill thinking about it to this day, i havent seen the friend since and i have avoided social event where he and his friends would be at, i dont feel comfortable but then i dont know if i am valid in having these feelings?

UnderwaterChameleon / Jan 10 2022 17.43

Hi.

It's possible that someone 'drugged your drink' although it could be the reasons you explained. It should have been quite clear if you were seriously intoxicated and this friend should've known you weren't properly consenting. I'd recommend talking to a counsellor although it's up to you what to do next.

Good luck,

- Katie

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything