tw: cocsa, ssa // don't know what to do

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Sexual Abuse

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    AmazingFlyingRhino6849 / Dec 29 2021 14.20

For about a year now my brother(16) has been abusing me(18) sexually. We're both autistic, he's moderately verbal but knows what he's doing is bad. Because I'm older physically I feel like I'm not taken as seriously. But it is abuse, and it's abuse I can't get away from.

I can't wear skirts, shorts, mesh shirts, anything that shows my legs in any way or he will sexualise me. I stopped wearing them but he does it still and I had to hide my drawers in my room so he can't "use" those clothes. He does it to little kids too, I always have to watch for little girls wearing anything other than trousers and walk in between his view of them so he doesn't act inappropriately, and pinch him if he does. My parents don't get just how bad it is, especially my dad, so I have to stop him very secretly. It's horrible. I hate it I want him to stop but he won't stop and my dad calls me a bully if I stand up for myself. and my mum is too stressed to come to her about it and I hate it. I just. want to run away. But if I do he's going to hurt other kids instead. I'm a young carer for him but I don't want to be anymore. i wish i didn't have him anymore and I could grow up. i havent aged past 11 mentally and getting help is really hard because I don't know any of the things grown ups know but I probably can't go to kids help places because my physical age is too big now. the only places i think might be able to help is the young carers group and girls group I used to go to but I don't know how to get into those again. is there somewhere you can just walk in to get help without police? i just want to be safe but i feel like I don't know anything and im trapped here. i dont want to turn 19 and be trapped here forever. im scared.

2. Contemplator

For about a year now my brother(16) has been abusing me(18) sexually. We're both autistic, he's moderately verbal but knows what he's doing is bad. Because I'm older physically I feel like I'm not taken as seriously. But it is abuse, and it's abuse I can't get away from.

I can't wear skirts, shorts, mesh shirts, anything that shows my legs in any way or he will sexualise me. I stopped wearing them but he does it still and I had to hide my drawers in my room so he can't "use" those clothes. He does it to little kids too, I always have to watch for little girls wearing anything other than trousers and walk in between his view of them so he doesn't act inappropriately, and pinch him if he does. My parents don't get just how bad it is, especially my dad, so I have to stop him very secretly. It's horrible. I hate it I want him to stop but he won't stop and my dad calls me a bully if I stand up for myself. and my mum is too stressed to come to her about it and I hate it. I just. want to run away. But if I do he's going to hurt other kids instead. I'm a young carer for him but I don't want to be anymore. i wish i didn't have him anymore and I could grow up. i havent aged past 11 mentally and getting help is really hard because I don't know any of the things grown ups know but I probably can't go to kids help places because my physical age is too big now. the only places i think might be able to help is the young carers group and girls group I used to go to but I don't know how to get into those again. is there somewhere you can just walk in to get help without police? i just want to be safe but i feel like I don't know anything and im trapped here. i dont want to turn 19 and be trapped here forever. im scared.

Flying-Lion / Dec 29 2021 23.07

Hello,

So your brother might be sexually attracted to children or girls.

He acts on those feelings and he does not control himself.

Extreme sexual desire could be pretty bad.

Have you tried contacting Childline over the phone?

Dont worry im sure that you will find support. Im sorry that you had to experience this.

When you see a good man, try to emulate his example, and when you see a bad man, search yourself for his faults. - Confucius

3. Sheep

UnderwaterChameleon / Jan 10 2022 17.48

Hi I know someone else has already given you advice on this I just want to say that you are not in the wrong.

The Mix provides support for young people aged 25 and under on things such as mental health, relationships and money.  It has recently launched an online group chat for young carers/young adult carers which takes place on Friday evenings.

(I found this from a website for young carers so I hope this is helpful)

4. Childline Avatar
    FlexibleVibingDuck2921 / Mar 20 2022 20.51

thank for this cuz now i feel like im not the only one who has experienced this

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything