I'm Scared That We'll Go Into Lockdown - (TW - Mention of ED, suicide and SH)

This content might introduce themes and ideas that may be confusing or shocking if you have not experienced them before.   

Go to Our World/Current news

Show
  1. Fixer
    TheLonelyGirlXOX / Dec 13 2021 20.02

Hey guys,

Most of you probably watched Boris Johnson making a statement on Sunday 12th December 2021. For those of you who don't follow the news, I'll say what was said:

Basically, the Omicron varient is spreading rapidly, and we have moved to Level 4 in the COVID alert system, and the vaccinations aren't going to stop the varient. But, the Booster jabs can stop it, so everyone over 18 can now get a Booster jab before new year if they're eligiable. But today, the first person in the UK died from the Omicron today. And that person was double jabbed.

Lots of people at school were saying that we probably won't be coming back to school after Christmas. I asked a couple of teachers if this is true and they said "Hopefully, we will, but it's not looking good! I think we might be going back into Lockdown!" I had a massive panic attack when my favourite teacher said this. and started hysterically crying. My mental health spirraled during the last Lockdown, which caused my first suicide attempt. I went to Key Worker School. My favourite teacher said she could reserve me a place just in case, but it's not the same. I started to develop my eating disoder during the 3rd Lockdown. It's got even worse, so going into Lockdown won't help with that. It's horrible if we do, because me and my mum haven't been getting on recently, and we've been arguing a lot recently.. My dad has been picking on me whenever I eat anything, my sister bullies me all the time, and my Nan always accuses me of attention seeking. It caused me to self-harm, all of this, and my mum split up with her boyfriend in the 3rd Lockdown so we live at my Nan's.

Anyway, I am scared we'll go into Lockdown! Any advice on how to relax and not worry?

- Payton xx

2. Top dog
    WarmThinkingPuma4710 / Dec 19 2021 8.00

Sorry I can't help much but if this makes u feel better then u are not alone millions of people out there are feeling the same way including me.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything