Getting Help

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Childline information

Show
  1. Small
    Rayoflight0409 / Nov 28 2021 17.32

Hi,

I’ve struggled with mental health issues for a long time now, and I’ve finally decided that I want proper help. If I ask Childline to break confidentiality, will they tell my school, or social services? Can I ask them not to say certain things? (I want someone to know that I’m struggling, but I don’t want my parents to find out about my relationships or sh).

Ash (he/they)

2. Artist
    HarryTheSloth / Dec 07 2021 21.33

you can do all of them i think

3. Small
    Rayoflight0409 / Dec 08 2021 7.27

Thank you! :)

4. Artist
    HarryTheSloth / Dec 16 2021 19.27

your welcome. if you ask them to tell your school, you will have to tell wich school you go to though! You can also reply to this message if it helps you feel any better

5. Small
    HarryTheSloth / Dec 16 2021 19.27

your welcome. if you ask them to tell your school, you will have to tell wich school you go to though! You can also reply to this message if it helps you feel any better

Rayoflight0409 / Jan 02 2022 10.30

Hi, I’m sorry this reply is so late. I sort of abandoned this account because I didn’t feel as safe once they knew my identity, and I’ve only just thought to keep an eye on it for the sake of my old threads.

I told them, and the school had to tell my parents, but I’m in counselling right now and it’s really helping, so I think it was the right choice

~ Ash

6. Superstar
    LuckyHoppingGoose5450 / Jan 09 2022 6.52

Did they find out about sh or relationships?

7. Small
    LuckyHoppingGoose5450 / Jan 09 2022 6.52

Did they find out about sh or relationships?

Rayoflight0409 / Jan 09 2022 17.21

Nope. My counsellor knows, but my parents and the school didn’t find out - they only know what I wanted them to know :)

~ Ash

8. Superstar
    Rayoflight0409 / Jan 09 2022 17.21

Nope. My counsellor knows, but my parents and the school didn’t find out - they only know what I wanted them to know :)

~ Ash

LuckyHoppingGoose5450 / Jan 09 2022 18.10

Thats fine then

9. Headphones

Hi, I’m sorry this reply is so late. I sort of abandoned this account because I didn’t feel as safe once they knew my identity, and I’ve only just thought to keep an eye on it for the sake of my old threads.

I told them, and the school had to tell my parents, but I’m in counselling right now and it’s really helping, so I think it was the right choice

~ Ash

Ashleigh-xxx / Jan 09 2022 20.27

I'm so proud of you, you're doing so well Ash

-Ash ❤❤❤

10. Loser

~ Ash

Filipino-twst-supremacy / Jan 10 2022 23.21

Ray-all pronouns (may change)

Hey im also in counselling but im quite confused on it and sometimes I feel a bit strange and awkward and scared to talk (even though I know my convos with them are confidential) do you have any tips on how to open up more and feel less awkward when speaking to them.

11. Top dog
    Filipino-twst-supremacy / Jan 10 2022 23.21

Ray-all pronouns (may change)

Hey im also in counselling but im quite confused on it and sometimes I feel a bit strange and awkward and scared to talk (even though I know my convos with them are confidential) do you have any tips on how to open up more and feel less awkward when speaking to them.

RushingRiver / Jan 11 2022 6.21

Hi, this is also me, just a different account cause I closed the old one.

Honestly, I feel the same. It’s so hard to open up. If you can, try telling your counsellor that you’re nervous, and they’ll know exactly how to help you.

My counsellor has water next to the chair for anyone who needs it, so maybe if you can get some water or bring some with you, you can use that as an excuse to take a minute and calm down, think about what to say.

If you haven’t been in counselling for long, it does get less awkward with time, as well. It’s natural not to trust someone as soon as you meet them. Thankfully, I have a habit of oversharing, so a lot of stuff I want to say just slips out anyway. But yeah, if you’re still just in the first few sessions, give it a couple more months and you should notice a change.

Sorry these are all a bit vague, but honestly, what you’re going through is the same as me, so I‘m not much help yet - I haven’t really figured it out myself.

~ Ash

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything