Childline

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    CautiousDrawingHare8993 / Nov 13 2021 8.35

Last night I called childline and they helped me get advice and they do listen to you don't be scared to call no matter is its a small worry or a big one

2. Headphones
    SurfGreenSSJaguar / Nov 23 2021 11.32

Thanks, I've been thinking of doing this but I don't have my own phone and it would be difficult to call on the phone I use as there are parental monitoring apps and I don't want my parents to know I have issues. Aside from that, it would cost money on the phone to call outside the house, and inside the house people will hear me (and it'll show up on call history). I might just use a payphone at some point, but we'll see. I'm also kind of scared of talking to someone about this kind of stuff, although I know it doesn't matter like that and I can trust the person on the other end of the call. I really ought to get up and call them or go in a chat room.

3. Loser
    CautiousDrawingHare8993 / Nov 13 2021 8.35

Last night I called childline and they helped me get advice and they do listen to you don't be scared to call no matter is its a small worry or a big one

Filipino-twst-supremacy / Jan 01 2022 17.30

Ray-all pronouns (name and pronouns may change)

I've only been on 1-2-1 chats because idk why im just scared to talk to em through calls but I'm going to keep trying

4. Reaching out
    Filipino-twst-supremacy / Jan 01 2022 17.30

Ray-all pronouns (name and pronouns may change)

I've only been on 1-2-1 chats because idk why im just scared to talk to em through calls but I'm going to keep trying

Childline-Host / Jan 25 2022 14.07

Hi Ray

It's so good to see you are reaching out for support on the 1-2-1 chats, hopefully you have found the counsellors helpful to talk to. It can be quite a different experience talking on the phone instead of a chat, and there can be advantages and disadvantages to both.

You should find, that when you call, the person you talk to is just as helpful and friendly as when you talk on a 1-2-1 chat. The reason for this is that most of the counsellors here talk to people on both calls and 1-2-1 chats! They are also all trained in the same way to help you no matter how you contact.

The counsellors also know that it can some times feel a little scary to pick up the phone, so there is never any pressure to say anything that doesn't feel right if you are not ready. They know it might take a few times to feel comfortable, so they won't mind if you say you feel scared, or if you say you don't feel ready to talk yet.

You might want to let them know you are feeling scared so they can help you with that, or you may have questions - they will do their best to answer them!

Whilst some people do want to try and talk on the phone, it is also fine if you prefer not to, and to keep using the chat. You can always decide what's the most comfortable way to talk, and you will never be pressured to talk in a way that does not feel right for you.

Do let us know if you give it a try, and how it went

Take care

Mel-Host

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything