Is it as bad in care as people say?

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    LivelyTurningJaguar2140 / Oct 17 2021 9.35

My family is extremely abuse and I want to leave and go to a care home but Im scared it will have a bad impact on ny future and me.

2. Childline Avatar
    YourFriendZ1 / Dec 12 2021 20.14

I'm curious about this aswell cause ive heard some really bad stories, someone please answer this.

Z.

3. Headphones
    Ashleigh-xxx / Dec 21 2021 11.32

I am in foster care. i'm sorry to hear your family is abusive hun. If you need help ( which i think you do ), you could talk to childline and ask them to report it. They will get in touch will social services, and they will help you, and possibly get you a home in care.

Being in care was weird and scary at first, but eventually i got used to it. They made me feel at home, and accepted me into their home.

sometimes I feel alone because I miss my real family, even though they had their issues and were not very good people, I still love them.

Trust me , being in care isn't that bad when you get used to it because they will accept you like your their own.

please do let me know how it goes and if you need more advice, just ask me, i'll always be here for you

lots of love,

-Ashleigh xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4. Scientist

My family is extremely abuse and I want to leave and go to a care home but Im scared it will have a bad impact on ny future and me.

littlealien / Dec 26 2021 17.17

Hi

Im in care too, its not as bad as people make it out to be. It is scary going to live with strangers in a possibly new area, but you get used to it and they are trained to do this so want to help you most of the time. As for your future, I don't think being in care will have a negative impact, I know all the statistics say otherwise, but really your future is up to you, so if you put in the effort you can achieve anything you want, being in care won't change that. I would really suggest that you get some help as even though care can be hard at times it is a safe place and that is always better than being in an abusive family. Hope things work out for you

Stay strong

M xxx

5. Supported

LilSunflowerBoi / Dec 26 2021 22.03

hello, im mateo. i also came from a very abusive family. i am now in care. im so sorry to hear you've been treated this way. it's never your fault. you deserve to be treated with love and respect.

being in care is hard. its scary at first and feels lonely sometimes. there are a lot of social workers involved and that can be frustrating, but it is so much better than being abused.

you will be safe. and you will be okay.

sending love and strength to you x

hope you find the strength to go where you need to go, wherever that may be.

-Mateo

6. Bursting
    Chalote123654 / Jan 03 2022 1.28

well im in forster family they ok they got there own childern so. that is ok i. dont live with my 2 younger sisters awell but a lot going on at the monmet i started a new school in septber i. really missing my mum. i have not seen her seine the day before lockdown in 2020 so over a year i keeping to childline and on. here aswell talk chilldern they will help and liston to you try not worried i know it but. try not. to. worry it will be fine im. here if you need a talk :)

im hereΒ 

7. Headphones
    Chalote123654 / Jan 03 2022 1.28

well im in forster family they ok they got there own childern so. that is ok i. dont live with my 2 younger sisters awell but a lot going on at the monmet i started a new school in septber i. really missing my mum. i have not seen her seine the day before lockdown in 2020 so over a year i keeping to childline and on. here aswell talk chilldern they will help and liston to you try not worried i know it but. try not. to. worry it will be fine im. here if you need a talk :)

im hereΒ 

Ashleigh-xxx / Jan 03 2022 11.06

Yasssssss me the same babe

I here too, and I also here for you Chalote123654

-Ashleigh xxπŸ’•xx

8. Childline Avatar
    WarmThinkingPuma4710 / Jan 03 2022 21.17

To all the foster children who have posted on this thread when u go into carewhat is the main thing u woud want? My famiily hsve started fostering and any tips would be appreciated Freya

9. Bursting
    Ashleigh-xxx / Jan 03 2022 11.06

Yasssssss me the same babe

I here too, and I also here for you Chalote123654

-Ashleigh xxπŸ’•xx

Chalote123654 / Jan 03 2022 22.53

ok thanks you πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•β€οΈβ€οΈ

10. Bursting

To all the foster children who have posted on this thread when u go into carewhat is the main thing u woud want? My famiily hsve started fostering and any tips would be appreciated Freya

Chalote123654 / Jan 03 2022 22.56

a forster family whoes really care about you make you feel nice in the house β€οΈπŸ’•

im here if you need a talk

im here οΏ½πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜†πŸ˜†:Β£):(

11. Headphones

Ashleigh-xxx / Jan 04 2022 9.45

To feel accepted and to feel like part of the family, that's all I want in a foster family

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

-Ashy β€πŸ’•β€

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything