What counts as creative writing

Show
  1. Athlete
    Probably-Playing-Sport / Oct 16 2021 12.42

Hi,

This isnt me showing creative writing I was just wondering what counts as creative writing. Ive always wanted to be a laurrette for school and the application says two creatuve writing peices. Im not sure what counts as creative writing though and would be greatful for opinions. I would like to do some kind of oppinionated debate on somethung philosphical or something to do with lockdowns effect on young people but I don’t want it to be too factual.

Thanks!

2. Headphones
    PokeTrainerTiger / Oct 16 2021 15.44

I don't really know how to word this but I'll try.

Creative writing is something you created yourself. For example, creating a short story that you made with your own ideas is created writing because you made it. Copying someone else's writing, online or published, doesn't count as creative writing because it was already created I guess.

Using small parts of another piece of text is fine but not a whole paragraph, for instance.

This is just my opinion and your idea on doing a opinionated debate on something philosophical sounds interesting!

Tiger 🐯

3. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Oct 16 2021 20.28

In my opinion, creative writing is something a writer creates themselves. It could be original, or it could be inspired by another writer’s work (like fanfiction, or even just a story similar to another). Of course, everything you make will have influences from other people’s work. Nothing you make is fully 100% original, but that’s not a bad thing.

Anyway, the writing doesn’t have to be a story. It could be a poem or anything like that.

That’s my view anyway.

-Jamie

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything