Am I just being paranoid?

Show
  1. Mouse
    CautiousThinkingLlama7072 / Oct 15 2021 21.43

My 'bff' lets call them Blue is vegan, and I honestly don't have a problem with it. They can eat what they want. I agree that animals shouldn't be killed, but I am not allowed to become vegetarian until I am an adult. Due to a health problem, that is common in my family, I have made it clear to Kadie that I can't become Vegan. They says that that's fine and it isnt a problem- I can eat what I want whatever... However, she keeps bringing up Veganism alot and I think she knows it annoys me. Ik its not a big deal or anything its just I feel helpless in this situation due to other things they have done. What should I do? Am I in the wrong? Am I just being paranoid?

2. Outcast
    CuriousRollingAlpaca4843 / Oct 15 2021 21.56

Maybe try letting them know it annoys you and ask them to stop bringing it up or bring it up less, and no you are not in the wrong.

3. Childline Avatar

My 'bff' lets call them Blue is vegan, and I honestly don't have a problem with it. They can eat what they want. I agree that animals shouldn't be killed, but I am not allowed to become vegetarian until I am an adult. Due to a health problem, that is common in my family, I have made it clear to Kadie that I can't become Vegan. They says that that's fine and it isnt a problem- I can eat what I want whatever... However, she keeps bringing up Veganism alot and I think she knows it annoys me. Ik its not a big deal or anything its just I feel helpless in this situation due to other things they have done. What should I do? Am I in the wrong? Am I just being paranoid?

WarmSurfingJaguar6106 / Oct 16 2021 13.07

hi, are you okay?

your friend may be just wanting to spread awareness and tell you all about it, this is a normal thing for a friend to do.

but, if you have a gut feeling they are doing it purposely to annoy you, ask them privately and politely. there's no harm in being curious and asking your friend why they are doing something, if it's out of your interest or if you want to know because you may be overthinking.

i have had many experiences myself when i have overthought things or as i like to say, "make a mountain out of a molehill". i hope your friend is only doing this to spread awareness and inform you about veganism. but, if they are doing it to annoy you, that is a really selfish thing to do, and you need to set them straight.

but, i recommend you ask first. you could be only overthinking, this is okay!

i hope things get better for you and this reply helped <3

4. Fixer

xhellokitty2008x / Oct 19 2021 13.44

Maybe just ask them to tone it down a bit x, I'm a vegetarian and I used to bring it up alot until I realised how much I was saying it, just make sure she knows why you can't be vegan <33

-skye

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything