No friends for 10 months. Want to make some friends

Show
  1. Coolcat
    Lady-gaga-fan / Oct 11 2021 17.52

before me and my previous friends had this agrument, i used to be happy about the people in my year group and i was more social. now for the past 10 months my ex-friends left me, i now dont like majority of people in my year group. i am not really an introverted person but i've went quiet because people always get angry or irritated, ignore or have a go at me when i talk to them, which i dont think is fair. this is why i dont like people in my year group.

its hard to find friends outside school as its hard to find clubs for my age, i wish i did something like a scouts thing when i was younger (btw im in year 10 now). thinking about this, even though my family is against this i want to make friends online. the thing is, its hard to find someone who isnt lying about their age.

the thing is i dont know what to do…

2. Prisoner

before me and my previous friends had this agrument, i used to be happy about the people in my year group and i was more social. now for the past 10 months my ex-friends left me, i now dont like majority of people in my year group. i am not really an introverted person but i've went quiet because people always get angry or irritated, ignore or have a go at me when i talk to them, which i dont think is fair. this is why i dont like people in my year group.

its hard to find friends outside school as its hard to find clubs for my age, i wish i did something like a scouts thing when i was younger (btw im in year 10 now). thinking about this, even though my family is against this i want to make friends online. the thing is, its hard to find someone who isnt lying about their age.

Sparrow451 / Oct 15 2021 17.59

Hey there, sounds like you're in a situation. I'm happy to chat if you want to, and I promise, cross my heart, I won't lie. I totally get what you're saying about finding people who aren't lying, it's really hard to find people that are who they say they are on the internet. Especially with the fact that social media and whatnot can't distinguish between what's true and what's false. But there are lots of people out there who are great!

Like I said, I'll chat if you want. If you don't, I won't take offence. :)

3. Top dog

Superdupersloth3963 / Oct 18 2021 23.42

hey, i would recommend trying to make friends in lessons and then hopefully ease into sitting with them xx it is really hard but i am sure you will make friends and of not we can be friends 😊❤ hope you are okkk

4. Fixer

xhellokitty2008x / Oct 19 2021 13.42

Same, I'm in Yr 8 and after me and my bsf fell out I was left with not many friends and my other friends ended up kinda just making new friends, it's been since kinda the end of Yr 7 that I started having to be alone but it will get better, sometime we will make friends :-) wishing u all the best x

-skye

5. Coolcat
    Sparrow451 / Oct 15 2021 17.59

Hey there, sounds like you're in a situation. I'm happy to chat if you want to, and I promise, cross my heart, I won't lie. I totally get what you're saying about finding people who aren't lying, it's really hard to find people that are who they say they are on the internet. Especially with the fact that social media and whatnot can't distinguish between what's true and what's false. But there are lots of people out there who are great!

Like I said, I'll chat if you want. If you don't, I won't take offence. :)

Lady-gaga-fan / Nov 16 2021 20.49

thank you for your reply, I don’t think of getting online friends. good things is that schools getting a bit better now as i used to have these friends who were bad company so people most likely assumed im like them, i think that they realised im not like them at all, is that i am nice. i still feel a bit sad, that still today people try to avoid to sit next to me, e.g. this boy moved to the other side of the classroom, even though the only seat was next to me, after that a girl said sarcastically “having fun, [his name]?” which I thought was quite rude of her.

its just sometimes i feel like i dont fit in my school, btw im only at my school because of education. one of my ex-friends purposely torments me, and she even made a new girl leave because of her nature of making people feel lonely. i wish i wasnt forced to be her friend in year 7, as in year 7 my form tutor told me as i was lost to become friend with her, even though i didnt want to. btw she was quite unpopular in my class, i now understand why she was because she is manipulative.

i have losted my confidence and now because of people mocking me, because of things i like, i dim my brightness on my phone but even that boys in my class can see it from the back, btw im at the front. I feel like i cannot be myself as i was called messed-up by the people i called “friends”, this offended me. because of people like them, i feel like i cant talk to a boy or express myself.

i really want it to be the end of year eleven, so bad.

6. Coolcat
    Superdupersloth3963 / Oct 18 2021 23.42

hey, i would recommend trying to make friends in lessons and then hopefully ease into sitting with them xx it is really hard but i am sure you will make friends and of not we can be friends 😊❤ hope you are okkk

Lady-gaga-fan / Nov 16 2021 20.54

thanks for replying. im really scared of people judging me as its happened before, so if i talk to someone and want to be their friend, its hard as when people choose seats in lessons nobody wants to sit with me, even though i want someone to sit next to me. most of our lessons have a seating plan which i dont mind, but (im sorry) it really irritating sitting next to my ex-bsf as she likes to make people feel lonely and belittles others. its really hard

7. Coolcat
    xhellokitty2008x / Oct 19 2021 13.42

Same, I'm in Yr 8 and after me and my bsf fell out I was left with not many friends and my other friends ended up kinda just making new friends, it's been since kinda the end of Yr 7 that I started having to be alone but it will get better, sometime we will make friends :-) wishing u all the best x

-skye

Lady-gaga-fan / Nov 16 2021 21.10

thank you for replying. that kinda happened to me. thank you for your positivity it helped alot, as thing are starting to get a bit better, even if life isnt that good right now. im sure soon it will be better. right now im concertrating on my grades, so i can get into a good university in the future and get a good job in the future to be away from them. right now i treat my life like im a main character of a story, to make my self feel better, it really works for me.

8. Prisoner
    Lady-gaga-fan / Nov 16 2021 20.49

thank you for your reply, I don’t think of getting online friends. good things is that schools getting a bit better now as i used to have these friends who were bad company so people most likely assumed im like them, i think that they realised im not like them at all, is that i am nice. i still feel a bit sad, that still today people try to avoid to sit next to me, e.g. this boy moved to the other side of the classroom, even though the only seat was next to me, after that a girl said sarcastically “having fun, [his name]?” which I thought was quite rude of her.

its just sometimes i feel like i dont fit in my school, btw im only at my school because of education. one of my ex-friends purposely torments me, and she even made a new girl leave because of her nature of making people feel lonely. i wish i wasnt forced to be her friend in year 7, as in year 7 my form tutor told me as i was lost to become friend with her, even though i didnt want to. btw she was quite unpopular in my class, i now understand why she was because she is manipulative.

i have losted my confidence and now because of people mocking me, because of things i like, i dim my brightness on my phone but even that boys in my class can see it from the back, btw im at the front. I feel like i cannot be myself as i was called messed-up by the people i called “friends”, this offended me. because of people like them, i feel like i cant talk to a boy or express myself.

i really want it to be the end of year eleven, so bad.

Sparrow451 / Nov 19 2021 20.26

Hey again :)

For starters, don't lose your confidence because of things you like!!!! I can't stress this enough. I'm often referred to (mostly in a playful way by my friends) as a nerd, or a geek. I'm into art, musical theatre, that kind of thing. But if people don't like what you like, they've got bad taste ;)

I understand what you were saying about not fitting in. I'm desperate to find someone similar to myself, who just clicks, if you know what I mean. It's hard. But also, it means you get to totally be yourself and the only version of yourself, which, when you think about it, is pretty darn cool!

If you can, talk to parents or a teacher about that girl. I know it's really tough, I get irritated when people say things like that but it will help, I promise.

I'm here to chat if you need me, just post :)

Sparrow

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything