Loss of a creative writing coping mechanism

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    RoyalJumpingHare4709 / Oct 09 2021 16.17

ok so wattpad is an online writing thing that i used as a coping mechanism however somehow my school found the account and due to the content (its dark because it was my coping mechanism) they raised it as a safeguarding concern and i dont want to write on there anymore because the whole point was that it was anonymous.

Its really hard without it because it was my main coping mechanism and i spent hours on it and so im thinking. of making another account but i dont know if thats wise because they might find it again. i would use a compelfely different fake name and again not tell anyone about it but im scared tjat if they find it again the school will actually tell my parents (i managed to talk them oit of it).

any advice?

2. Contemplator
    BuddyBooToYou / Oct 09 2021 19.11

You could write stories on here maybe, though Childline may not be OK with it if its too dark.

Maybe try to write less dark stories? I know its hard but it would mean you could still write.

Maybe find another place to write them that isn't wattpad, there must be others out there.

3. Childline Avatar
    BuddyBooToYou / Oct 09 2021 19.11

You could write stories on here maybe, though Childline may not be OK with it if its too dark.

Maybe try to write less dark stories? I know its hard but it would mean you could still write.

Maybe find another place to write them that isn't wattpad, there must be others out there.

RoyalJumpingHare4709 / Oct 09 2021 19.27

Thanks for the idea, ill have a think about it. They are deifintely too dark for on here but if it means I can keep writing it may be worth toning them down a little.

4. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Oct 09 2021 21.56

How did your school know it was you? That’ iinda wierd that they knew. Also, writing dark stuff should not be brought up as a concern, like wtf? Unless it was like a diary entry that makes no sense.

You can get away with some dark stuff on here, just not in detail if that makes sense.

I do a lot of writing on here because I like sharing my writing, and I’d really recomend it. People are super nice on here.

I hope you’re okay!

-Jamie

5. Childline Avatar
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Oct 09 2021 21.56

How did your school know it was you? That’ iinda wierd that they knew. Also, writing dark stuff should not be brought up as a concern, like wtf? Unless it was like a diary entry that makes no sense.

You can get away with some dark stuff on here, just not in detail if that makes sense.

I do a lot of writing on here because I like sharing my writing, and I’d really recomend it. People are super nice on here.

I hope you’re okay!

-Jamie

RoyalJumpingHare4709 / Oct 10 2021 6.48

I have no idea how they found it because I never told anyone (it was supposed to be anonymous and I used a fake name and everything).

I think the reason it was a concern was because it was really dark and they already know about some of the dark thoughts I have so I think that's why it got raised as a safeguarding concern.

6. Wallflower
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Oct 10 2021 10.52

Just had a thought on how they might’ve found out. Did you access it on a school comuter or wifi at anypoint? Some schools can see stuff like that and if it raises any red flags then they’ll check it out.

-Jamie

7. Childline Avatar
    AlpacaInATrenchcoat / Oct 10 2021 10.52

Just had a thought on how they might’ve found out. Did you access it on a school comuter or wifi at anypoint? Some schools can see stuff like that and if it raises any red flags then they’ll check it out.

-Jamie

RoyalJumpingHare4709 / Oct 10 2021 14.43

i was careful not to but there is a possobilty i slipped up however they said that students found out so i think it was that im just confused how the students found out

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything