Show
  1. Coolcat
    ShinyTextingCat3530 / Sep 24 2021 23.55

Hi people

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to deal with stress?

I've just started Yr 10 and am already worrying about exams and homework. I somehow got into top set for Maths and English and now I feel pressure to stay there but I'm worried that one of these assessments will knock me down all the way. I also didn't get all my top options and ended up picking both languages and geography, which I lack in. I thought maybe someone older with experience could offer some advice?

2. Dreamer
    LuckyTurningPuma7710 / Sep 26 2021 16.43

Hi!

First of all, well done on getting top set! That's a great achievement and you should be proud of yourself.

When I was in year 10, (I'm year 11 now) I was in a similar situation to you, worrying about exams and homework and doing options that I didn't particularly want. One thing that worked for me, though you might've heard it like a million times now, is to do your homework the night you get it as much as possible. That way its out the way and done and you don't have to worry so much about it. Just give it your best, that's all anyone can ever ask of you

One thing to remember about exams is that not every one is going to contribute to your sets: some of them might, but not all. As much as you may want to, you can't to as well as you might like in every test, that's only natural: However, make sure you revise for each one, even the annoying smaller ones that come up every now and again. When you know you have a big exam coming up in lets say a few months, start your revision early to make sure you can get through everything and go over anything that you're not sure on or not as strong on.

All the best for year 10! You got this

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything