my mum is horrible

Reading this content might be upsetting and trigger difficult feelings and emotions if you have experienced these events or feelings in the past

Go to Home and family

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    LivelyWalkingRobin3754 / Sep 23 2021 7.44

hi, im sophie and im 14, my mum loves me and i love her but she can be quite hurtfull and controlling, she calls me my dads name, poka dot face, an ugly "boy" if she doesnt like the way i dress or look, she calls me skanky, a physcopath and then says she never said those things and im manipulating her, that im the emotionaly abusive one even though she tells me how im lazy, i never do anything, i treat her like a slave, i was staying at my friends house and she picked up downstairs, it took me 5 mins to get there, she telling me how horrible, selfish i am. the otherday she hit me in the car and it left a big red handprint,later that evening she claimed it was me who marked myself for attention, she tells m friends parents not to let them talk to me because im a bad influence, she threatans to throw me wall to wall, calls up my school, tells them to give me a detention and then shouts at me for it, if i ever swore, she said shed shove a bar of soap down my throat, but out of everything she knows calling me my dad hurts the most, im not in conact with my dad anymore and hes not a nice person, quite a few months ago she split up with her ex she recently told me that both him and my dad left because of me, that i cant keep a man in our lives and its my fault my only father figures left. i dont know what to do anymore, please help , i need advice

2. Coolcat
    LivelyWalkingRobin3754 / Sep 23 2021 7.44

hi, im sophie and im 14, my mum loves me and i love her but she can be quite hurtfull and controlling, she calls me my dads name, poka dot face, an ugly "boy" if she doesnt like the way i dress or look, she calls me skanky, a physcopath and then says she never said those things and im manipulating her, that im the emotionaly abusive one even though she tells me how im lazy, i never do anything, i treat her like a slave, i was staying at my friends house and she picked up downstairs, it took me 5 mins to get there, she telling me how horrible, selfish i am. the otherday she hit me in the car and it left a big red handprint,later that evening she claimed it was me who marked myself for attention, she tells m friends parents not to let them talk to me because im a bad influence, she threatans to throw me wall to wall, calls up my school, tells them to give me a detention and then shouts at me for it, if i ever swore, she said shed shove a bar of soap down my throat, but out of everything she knows calling me my dad hurts the most, im not in conact with my dad anymore and hes not a nice person, quite a few months ago she split up with her ex she recently told me that both him and my dad left because of me, that i cant keep a man in our lives and its my fault my only father figures left. i dont know what to do anymore, please help , i need advice

smiles4everx / Sep 24 2021 11.21

Hi Sophie, I'm really sorry about your mum. It's not ok for her to do such at all. This could be very serious. I'm not professional or anything but I think you should talk to her about it, or if it's too scary you could talk about it with a safe adult ??

Here's some pages that may help๐Ÿ’—

https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/home-families/family-relationships/family-relationships/

https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/bullying-abuse-safety/abuse-safety/

https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/home-families/family-relationships/

I hope I was of some help, feel free to talk to me or anything if you need to ๐Ÿ˜Š

Daisy xoxo

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything