Am I bi or pan...?

Show
  1. Small
    rosy-tea / Sep 21 2021 22.58

heyy,

I'm 12. i came out as bisexual in June (luckily to a supportive family) and i have been open about my sexuality since.

However, I'm kind of confused about if I'm bisexual or pansexual. I like people based on their personality and how kind they are rather than judging by their gender, race or sexuality.

from -rosytea- (she/they)

2. Coolcat

heyy,

I'm 12. i came out as bisexual in June (luckily to a supportive family) and i have been open about my sexuality since.

However, I'm kind of confused about if I'm bisexual or pansexual. I like people based on their personality and how kind they are rather than judging by their gender, race or sexuality.

Mochii310 / Sep 22 2021 8.12

Hello!

I was in a similar situation a long time ago. I figured it out by figuring out what sounded right and comfortable for me!

Being Pansexual would be an easy assumption because that means ‘everyone regardless of gender,’ which means you feel no attraction based on gender. Whereas bisexual means two or more genders, assuming the idea that you could have a preference whilst being bi.

Just find out what feels comfortable! ❤️ —Acid (They/It or Kit/Nyan)

3. Burying

heyy,

hi-i-guess / Sep 23 2021 7.02

hi!

so imo, you’re probably pansexual rather than bisexual. pansexual is being attracted to a person only because of their personality. the difference between them is that ’bi’ means two and ‘pan’ means all.

most people think that bisexual is being attracted to males and females. actually, it is being attracted to two genders. for example, a person could be attracted to males and non-binary people and still identify as bisexual.

other labels you could use are omnisexual and polysexual.

omnisexual means that you are attracted to all genders, but you have a preference. for instance, if you were attracted to males, females and non-binary people, but you preferred females, you would be omnisexual.

polysexual is similar to omnisexual. the only difference is that omnisexual is being attracted to all genders and polysexual is being attracted to many or more than one genders.

i hope this helps!!

4. Coolcat
    hi-i-guess / Sep 23 2021 7.02

hi!

so imo, you’re probably pansexual rather than bisexual. pansexual is being attracted to a person only because of their personality. the difference between them is that ’bi’ means two and ‘pan’ means all.

most people think that bisexual is being attracted to males and females. actually, it is being attracted to two genders. for example, a person could be attracted to males and non-binary people and still identify as bisexual.

other labels you could use are omnisexual and polysexual.

omnisexual means that you are attracted to all genders, but you have a preference. for instance, if you were attracted to males, females and non-binary people, but you preferred females, you would be omnisexual.

polysexual is similar to omnisexual. the only difference is that omnisexual is being attracted to all genders and polysexual is being attracted to many or more than one genders.

i hope this helps!!

Mochii310 / Sep 23 2021 17.07

Just a few corrections! Pansexual means attraction regardless of gender not only because of personality. Bisexual is more commonly used as 2 or more (it’s more closed than omni where you don’t like everyone but like some) Omni can also be used as a different word for pan or as a term meaning ‘everyone with a preference’ I’ve never heard of Polysexual before though…

These labels may not have been exactly like this many years ago, however words develop, lots of people who identify as bi like 2 or more genders and it honestly all depends on how you feel about the word, labels are like names, you have to be comfortable with them and like them! 🏳️‍🌈 (I’m so sorry if this sounds rude I just thought you should know! ❤️)

5. Superstar

heyy,

Malt3a5er / Sep 23 2021 17.38

Hi im Izzy

I’m bisexual and my girlfriend is pansexual. Personally I feel the same, attracted to people for their personality rather than sexuality or gender. I label myself as bisexual because it feels right for me. When I call myself pan, it doesn’t seem right.

Bisexuality is having the ability to be attracted to more than one gender. For me, I would date a guy, girl, nonbinary person, trans person, or anyone of any other sexuality or gender. That technically makes me pan. But I dont feel comfortable with that label. So i’m bi 😊 hope this helps And remember that you are what you make yourself. You dont even need to label yourself if you dont want to. Its completely up to you. Only go with what youre comfortable with.

✨💗💜💙✨

6. Childline Avatar

heyy,

CuriousWalkingGoose1930 / Sep 24 2021 21.30

hii!

we are literally the same lol

do you know what omnisexual is?

well, it's basically like pansexual but you have a preference!

idk if you feel like this, but I just wanted to inform you!

from dawn (any pronouns)

7. Burying
    Mochii310 / Sep 23 2021 17.07

Just a few corrections! Pansexual means attraction regardless of gender not only because of personality. Bisexual is more commonly used as 2 or more (it’s more closed than omni where you don’t like everyone but like some) Omni can also be used as a different word for pan or as a term meaning ‘everyone with a preference’ I’ve never heard of Polysexual before though…

These labels may not have been exactly like this many years ago, however words develop, lots of people who identify as bi like 2 or more genders and it honestly all depends on how you feel about the word, labels are like names, you have to be comfortable with them and like them! 🏳️‍🌈 (I’m so sorry if this sounds rude I just thought you should know! ❤️)

hi-i-guess / Sep 24 2021 22.52

sorry!! thanks for correcting me though :)

8. Small
    Mochii310 / Sep 22 2021 8.12

Hello!

I was in a similar situation a long time ago. I figured it out by figuring out what sounded right and comfortable for me!

Being Pansexual would be an easy assumption because that means ‘everyone regardless of gender,’ which means you feel no attraction based on gender. Whereas bisexual means two or more genders, assuming the idea that you could have a preference whilst being bi.

Just find out what feels comfortable! ❤️ —Acid (They/It or Kit/Nyan)

rosy-tea / Sep 29 2021 18.27

Thank you for the advice! :)

9. Small
    Malt3a5er / Sep 23 2021 17.38

Hi im Izzy

I’m bisexual and my girlfriend is pansexual. Personally I feel the same, attracted to people for their personality rather than sexuality or gender. I label myself as bisexual because it feels right for me. When I call myself pan, it doesn’t seem right.

Bisexuality is having the ability to be attracted to more than one gender. For me, I would date a guy, girl, nonbinary person, trans person, or anyone of any other sexuality or gender. That technically makes me pan. But I dont feel comfortable with that label. So i’m bi 😊 hope this helps And remember that you are what you make yourself. You dont even need to label yourself if you dont want to. Its completely up to you. Only go with what youre comfortable with.

✨💗💜💙✨

rosy-tea / Sep 29 2021 18.29

thank you for the advice! <3

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything