Dealing with your period.

Show
  1. Dreamer
    ActiveCyclingBadger4269 / Sep 20 2021 22.03

Hi. My period is all over the place. My first ever period lasted 13 days, then my next ome was two months later. After that, it sorted itself out 24 or so days between periods and lasting 7 or so days. It was regular for like a year, but now it is all over the place. I have had a 7 day period with an 8 day gap, then my next period. Some of them are longer, with more like a 15 day gap. My period itself doesn’t have a regular pattern anymore. It used to be light, medium, light, but now it is always changing. My last period started really heavy and I had to change a heavy tampon every 2 hours but only for like 2 days, then it bassically stopped but there was still a tiny bit of blood, so I still had to wear a pad. Some periods, it goes up and down the whole way through. Sometimes it is really heavy and sometimes light the whole way through.

I am prone to migranes, which are really bad and make me sick and unable to see properly. I get them if I don’t est properly but I also often get them just before or when I have my period, which is even worse because I have to deal woth the blood aswell as everything else.

My body has already really changed shape and I am only 12. It makes me feel uncomfortable because I feel like I‘m fat.

I have been wearing a bra scince year 4 and I have gone through most stages early. None of my freinds have their period yet and it makes me feel really awkward. My freind will often say things like ‘when my sister has her period, she doesn’t want sweets, so she has grapes instead’ and all I can thing about is that I have had my period for ages amd no one else seems to have their’s yet. I can’t get sanitary stuff from the local shop incase my friends see or anyone I know.

I also go through pads and tampons because my periods are often really heavy.

2. Small
    CautiousWorkingRaven9171 / Sep 30 2021 7.12

ask a trusted adult! homestly its the best thing i can tell you. you may wanna go see your gp or gyn/ob

3. Dreamer

ask a trusted adult! homestly its the best thing i can tell you. you may wanna go see your gp or gyn/ob

ActiveCyclingBadger4269 / Oct 01 2021 21.45

What is gyn/ob?

4. Dreamer

ActiveCyclingBadger4269 / Oct 01 2021 21.47

I don’t have a trusted adult. I don’t like to speak. I only talk because when I stopped, my mum got furion with me.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

5. Nose dive
    ActiveCyclingBadger4269 / Sep 20 2021 22.03

Hi. My period is all over the place. My first ever period lasted 13 days, then my next ome was two months later. After that, it sorted itself out 24 or so days between periods and lasting 7 or so days. It was regular for like a year, but now it is all over the place. I have had a 7 day period with an 8 day gap, then my next period. Some of them are longer, with more like a 15 day gap. My period itself doesn’t have a regular pattern anymore. It used to be light, medium, light, but now it is always changing. My last period started really heavy and I had to change a heavy tampon every 2 hours but only for like 2 days, then it bassically stopped but there was still a tiny bit of blood, so I still had to wear a pad. Some periods, it goes up and down the whole way through. Sometimes it is really heavy and sometimes light the whole way through.

I am prone to migranes, which are really bad and make me sick and unable to see properly. I get them if I don’t est properly but I also often get them just before or when I have my period, which is even worse because I have to deal woth the blood aswell as everything else.

My body has already really changed shape and I am only 12. It makes me feel uncomfortable because I feel like I‘m fat.

I have been wearing a bra scince year 4 and I have gone through most stages early. None of my freinds have their period yet and it makes me feel really awkward. My freind will often say things like ‘when my sister has her period, she doesn’t want sweets, so she has grapes instead’ and all I can thing about is that I have had my period for ages amd no one else seems to have their’s yet. I can’t get sanitary stuff from the local shop incase my friends see or anyone I know.

I also go through pads and tampons because my periods are often really heavy.

ActiveSkiingSwan4267 / Oct 09 2021 22.18

Hey. I know that sometimes periods can become irregular because of stress and other factors that should hopefully stop over time. I don't really know any way to help with your symptoms but I hope it is getting better now. If you are worried I would suggest that you speak to someone you trust or even a school nurse or gp if it get really bad, but I understand that that can be super difficult sometimes. Being the first one out of your friends to get your period must be really annoying. Hopefully some more people should start as well soon so it will be less awkward. Sorry I don't really have any advice but I really hope it gets better for you. Periods can be really hard anyway, especially if you are the only one.

6. Dreamer
    ActiveSkiingSwan4267 / Oct 09 2021 22.18

Hey. I know that sometimes periods can become irregular because of stress and other factors that should hopefully stop over time. I don't really know any way to help with your symptoms but I hope it is getting better now. If you are worried I would suggest that you speak to someone you trust or even a school nurse or gp if it get really bad, but I understand that that can be super difficult sometimes. Being the first one out of your friends to get your period must be really annoying. Hopefully some more people should start as well soon so it will be less awkward. Sorry I don't really have any advice but I really hope it gets better for you. Periods can be really hard anyway, especially if you are the only one.

ActiveCyclingBadger4269 / Oct 12 2021 22.36

Thanks so much for the sympathy and support.

😀🙂🙃

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything